Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ex factory prices

• 29-11-2014 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I have been to sports shops in Ireland and found sports merchandise to be quite expensive. I know a lot of them are being made in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. china too. I have got contacts who make these items and thinking to sell these online so people can afford and buy.

Good idea, bad idea, what do you think??

Comments

It's a bad idea to base decisions like setting up a new business on answers in one forum on an anonymous site.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

fortjames wrote: »
    I have been to sports shops in Ireland and found sports merchandise to be quite expensive. I know a lot of them are being made in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. china too. I have got contacts who make these items and thinking to sell these online so people can afford and buy.

Good idea, bad idea, what do you think??

By sports merchandise, do you mean Gaelic footballs (aldi do them cheap), hurls (lidl do them cheap), jerseys (penny's do them cheap), boots, socks, shorts, base layers (sportsdirect do them cheap).
    It's a competitive market out there mate.. No easy money to be made.
    I think it's a bad idea and similar to previous poster..do your research before anything else.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fortjames

Thank you for the replies appreciate it. The companies who make these items, yes, boxing and Gaelic sports for Irish markets know me and i know the price and profit margins on each item. For e.g a pair of hurling gloves in champion shop is being sold for 15 euros and i can get them for 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

How would you get the word out there that you have these items for sale? Traditional retail shops & the more successful online retailers would have sizable marketing and advertising budgets to promote their wares.

Advertisement