Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about Deed of Assignment

Options
  • 29-11-2014 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi all

I got a letter on Friday from bank of Scotland concerning a new life policy I am taking out for my mortgage. I need to fill out the form to assign the policy to bank of Scotland. There is one section which I don't understand and i hope someone can help me with. On the top of page six there is a section to be signed by a witness. I can't figure out if this is to be signed by 2 separate witnesses or if one witness signs first and then i sign. Could someone look at the form attached and give me their opinion of what way it should be signed. Its the section at the very top of page six of the attached document.

mick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

mickmac76 wrote: »
    Hi all

I got a letter on Friday from bank of Scotland concerning a new life policy I am taking out for my mortgage. I need to fill out the form to assign the policy to bank of Scotland. There is one section which I don't understand and i hope someone can help me with. On the top of page six there is a section to be signed by a witness. I can't figure out if this is to be signed by 2 separate witnesses or if one witness signs first and then i sign. Could someone look at the form attached and give me their opinion of what way it should be signed. Its the section at the very top of page six of the attached document.

mick.
    You sign beside the top 'Signed sealed & delivered by' and then the witness signs below your signature.The reason there's 2 places is in case its a joint life policy that's being assigned. The form can be used for single or joint policies but you only need to sign once if the life policy is in your sole name..

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

Thanks for this killers. I've posted off the forms.

Mick.

Advertisement