Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA, Christmas payments.. bonus?

Options
  • 30-11-2014 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

Just this year I have started in college and am receiving €188 in Back To Education Allowance. Could somebody who has had BTEA please tell me if it's paid in two weekly amounts over one week or is it paid as normal?

Also as I know there is a 25% bonus this year does that apply to those in receipt of BTEA.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

James1066 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just this year I have started in college and am receiving €188 in Back To Education Allowance. Could somebody who has had BTEA please tell me if it's paid in two weekly amounts over one week or is it paid as normal?

Also as I know there is a 25% bonus this year does that apply to those in receipt of BTEA.

Thanks!

If you are on claim continuously since 1st September 2013 then you should qualify for the bonus. Christmas payments are due to be a double week 18th and next payment is 31st Dec. I am assuming you are paid EFT on Thursday as is normal for BTE.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought the Xmas bonus was being paid tomorrow?

I thought the Xmas bonus was being paid tomorrow?

Christmas Bonus is being paid in payments made week commencing 1/12. Details above are for double payment week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry I thought the op was talking about the Xmas bonus :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sorry I thought the op was talking about the Xmas bonus :o

He was talking about both and both were answered.

Continuous signing on since sept 13 qualifies for bonus.

double payment will be made on the 18th or that week anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Just to clarify in order to qualify for the Christmas bonus you have to have 390 paid days on jobseekers. So it would really depend on when in Sept 2013 OP started their claim.

Ah bugger prob won't get it so. I was on jobseekers in feb 13 moved to a FAS course in sept/Oct 13 until may 14 :(

gufc21 wrote: »
    Ah bugger prob won't get it so. I was on jobseekers in feb 13 moved to a FAS course in sept/Oct 13 until may 14 :([/QUOTE

Thats unfortunate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Its not unfortunate - Its ridiculous.

gufc21 should should be just as elibible as anyone else to receive it, if not more so.

If anything he is being penalised for trying to improve his lot by taking on a Fás course in the last 18 months.

Lapin wrote: »
    Its not unfortunate - Its ridiculous.

gufc21 should should be just as elibible as anyone else to receive it, if not more so.

If anything he is being penalised for trying to improve his lof by taking on a Fás course in the last 18 months.

No point in attacking me... you need to take this up with those who brought in the guidelines for the Christmas bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Wasn't attacking you. I was just saying how fucked up the whole thing is.

Was thinking the same myself lapin but then on the other hand I get payments to go to college which most students don't so six of one I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 theevilman

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    If you are on claim continuously since 1st September 2013 then you should qualify for the bonus. Christmas payments are due to be a double week 18th and next payment is 31st Dec. I am assuming you are paid EFT on Thursday as is normal for BTE.

What about fas ce schemes any xmas bonus there?

theevilman wrote: »
    What about fas ce schemes any xmas bonus there?

Just left the social welfare office there (they had cancelled my payments because someone hadn't updated my file with a registration letter I gave the in Sept). Time spent on FAS courses don't count as you arr not on the live register. You have to be signing for a certain number of days, think it worked out at 15 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

gufc21 wrote: »
    Ah bugger prob won't get it so. I was on jobseekers in feb 13 moved to a FAS course in sept/Oct 13 until may 14 :(

The ETB's (formerely FAS) are paying the bonus this week and time spent on a FAS course is being counted towards your duration on a social welfare payment. Maybe go back to SW and ask to speak to a supervisor.

The ETB's (formerely FAS) are paying the bonus this week and time spent on a FAS course is being counted towards your duration on a social welfare payment. Maybe go back to SW and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Thanks, i'll give them a ring now

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

does this apply to people on back to education.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So just to clarify, I'm on BTEA and usually get paid on a Thursday which is christmas day this year.

I will get my normal payment 188euro next Thursday the 11th?

I will get 423euro on Thursday the 18th? (2 weeks pus bonus)?

My next 188euro payment will arrive in my account on Wednesday 31st Dec? (instead of New Years Day Thursday)

Is this correct? Sorry just want to make sure I'm not getting mixed up. :)

So just to clarify, I'm on BTEA and usually get paid on a Thursday which is christmas day this year.

I will get my normal payment 188euro next Thursday the 11th?

I will get 423euro on Thursday the 18th? (2 weeks pus bonus)?

My next 188euro payment will arrive in my account on Wednesday 31st Dec? (instead of New Years Day Thursday)

Is this correct? Sorry just want to make sure I'm not getting mixed up. :)

Christmas bonus was in payment on Thrusday 4th if you are entitled to it. Double week the 18th none 25th and 1 day early on 31st is the payment schedule for Thursday EFT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    Christmas bonus was in payment on Thrusday 4th if you are entitled to it. Double week the 18th none 25th and 1 day early on 31st is the payment schedule for Thursday EFT.

Thank you Sue Ellen for replying.

I didn't check my balance yet so the bonus must have just gone in on the 4th. :)

Advertisement