Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phobia of Being next to Big Boats in the water.

Options
  • 30-11-2014 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys, I was reading a few threads in this same forum. I kinda found what i have but for me is way worse than some other people that appear to have "phobia man made objects underwater".

Well for start with this, I love the sea, i really enjoy spearfishing, sorkeling, scuba diving (not so often). But one day i was spearfishing with some guys in a dock for only big boats like ferrys, etc. So they decided to go next to the boat cause there were a lot of fish hiding underneath. but just being next to it underwater it really scared the **** out of me. just by seeing those massive propellers all covered in coral and the green hull i almost passed out just by being like 10m away from it (and the water was not so clear, so i just saw like a biig and dark boat hull shape).

Also it really annoys me to see like shipwrecks, While watching TV documentaries is just fine. but when I see a wreck from above or under the surface i really flip out.

mostly when i watched like 1 year ago, pictures of the shipwreck of the Costa concordia, when i looked like the bow tip hull half submerged it was really scary. When the rescue divers released the videos of diving next to the ship and i watched the parts like the hull, the rooms, etc. i my blood presure was almost out and my hands were all shaky.

Well in resume im really afraid of thing like that but also simple and small thingies likebthose chains under bouys all rusted and with a thin layer of coral, big rocks in the bottom of the ocean. I was spearfishing on an abandoned oil dock or somth. and i saw the concrete pillars of the structure under water and i was really scared of it. but anyways i tried to come closer to those submerged structures cause there are many fish, but im not confortable with it. when I see things such as propellers and anchors, ropes, chains, or even being next to a boat i really get scared.

Even though of my fears when im in my country (Venezuela Margarita Island) almost everyday i go spearfishing. and im really OK when I see any kind of sea species, such as nurse sharks, barracudas etc. I just cant stand big man made objects next to me.

I hope some of you have this same Phobia :(

Advertisement