Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Buddy in Kildare

Options
  • 30-11-2014 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello All!

I am quite new to Kildare/Newbridge and I am looking for a running buddy.

I'm a female who used to be very active and loved exercise but the last few years have been hectic and somehow I have put my health last on the list.

Recently I have got very fed up with the rut that I'm in and feel that I am finally ready to get fit and healthy! As I mentioned at the start, I am quite new to the area, I don't really know of any clubs / any individuals in a similar situation as myself - looking to get fit and healthy but needing the help of someone to keep motivated!

If there is anyone out there, living in the area, in a similar situation and would like to go running 5days a week, and requires a bit of moral support, please let me know! I feel that if I am to succeed this time around, I need someone doing it with me, who knows how easy it is to fall off the wagon!

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

work your local parkrun into your running schedule- http://www.parkrun.ie/naas/ you'll meet lots of people there in the same boat as you - so to speak , and the support from other parkrunners is amazing - let's know how you get on ... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 tommykb

There are two running groups nearby, Brendans Running Club in Naas and KTRTC in Kildare Town. Both have websites and facebook pages, they might be of use. Newbridge AC any help? I run there some Sundays and the odd evening and always see lots of other runners so try a facebook search also. Park Run is a good idea also as you'll get to know others from the general area.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 George Chinaglia

KTRTC as tommy mentioned above are in Kildare Town, and seem to have big numbers (of mostly ladies) out running most evenings. Their numbers have increased massively over the last year or so. Have a look at their page on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭xElDeeX

atete wrote: »
    Hello All!

I am quite new to Kildare/Newbridge and I am looking for a running buddy.

I'm a female who used to be very active and loved exercise but the last few years have been hectic and somehow I have put my health last on the list.

Recently I have got very fed up with the rut that I'm in and feel that I am finally ready to get fit and healthy! As I mentioned at the start, I am quite new to the area, I don't really know of any clubs / any individuals in a similar situation as myself - looking to get fit and healthy but needing the help of someone to keep motivated!

If there is anyone out there, living in the area, in a similar situation and would like to go running 5days a week, and requires a bit of moral support, please let me know! I feel that if I am to succeed this time around, I need someone doing it with me, who knows how easy it is to fall off the wagon!

A

Newbridge AC would be very welcoming and there are runners there at all levels. Contact them via the facebook page or the website and they will help you out. They meet 5 days a week to train. If that intimidates you a bit I know they are starting a fit4life/couch to 5k in January. Keep an eye out for the posters around town.

Advertisement