Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 glass screen broken

• 30-11-2014 3:07am

Hi All,

Broke the Glass screen on my iphone 6 , does anyone know a shop in Dublin that will fix just the glass?

If I need to do the whole screen I will do it myself but that's 150 pounds off Ebay whereas the glass kits are like 10 quid on ebay so I presume thats the cheaper method of fixing..

Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

hey, i know a lad who broke his new one. he went back to his local O2 shop and they sent it to Milton Keynes to be fixed! cost 80 i think… took about 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Apple shop in Belfast do replace screens now in store I think. Worth trying them you will still have a warrenty after repair with them.

Thanks for the suggestions guys but im more wondering on a shop that will just replace the glass and not the whole screen, not really bothered about warranty or having apple fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Thanks for the suggestions guys but im more wondering on a shop that will just replace the glass and not the whole screen, not really bothered about warranty or having apple fix it.

But if you get anyone to find it. Your warranty is void

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

raytaxi wrote: »
    Apple shop in Belfast do replace screens now in store I think. Worth trying them you will still have a warrenty after repair with them.

Warranty doesn't cover accidental damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Warranty doesn't cover accidental damage

no but if you get a non approved shop to fix the screen on the phone, any remaining warranty will be null and void.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

I know in previous iPhones the glass itself couldn't just be replaced. The while assembly had to be replaced. Not too sure about the new iPhones but I'm guessing the whole assembly will need replacing. Also a word of advice, be careful when buying replacement parts off eBay and like sites. Digitizers can be especially dodgy depending on where you get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Screen is laminated to the display. You break the glass you have to replace the display too :(.

bring it to the Apple Belfast store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

Screen is laminated to the display. You break the glass you have to replace the display too .

And aswell as that the kits you see on eBay are just the glass there is no flex cable on it so it's completely useless to buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,639 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Hi All,

Broke the Glass screen on my iphone 6 , does anyone know a shop in Dublin that will fix just the glass?

If I need to do the whole screen I will do it myself but that's 150 pounds off Ebay whereas the glass kits are like 10 quid on ebay so I presume thats the cheaper method of fixing..

Thanks
    Dave

There is a chap upstairs in the new Tower record store i have used for a couple of ipads and iphones that people in work have dropped. Don't have his details with me but can pm them tomorrow when in work if you want them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

How did you break it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

How did you break it?

:confused:

There is a chap upstairs in the new Tower record store i have used for a couple of ipads and iphones that people in work have dropped. Don't have his details with me but can pm them tomorrow when in work if you want them.

Yeah that's would be brilliant thanks

For all those talking about the warranty, I'm not Gona pay Apple twice the price to fix it i don't care if the warranty is void, I've never used the warranty in any iPhone its a piss poor warranty anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yeah that's would be brilliant thanks

For all those talking about the warranty, I'm not Gona pay Apple twice the price to fix it i don't care if the warranty is void, I've never used the warranty in any iPhone its a piss poor warranty anyway.

Twice the price? We'll quote you that when you get a piss poor job done on the replacement screen and come back here looking for more recommendations.

How do you know it's a piss poor warranty if you've never even used it.

In fact apple has probably the best warranty of any brand out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Apple prices are here. £86.44 is actually grand. And your warranty won't be void.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Apple prices are here. £86.44 is actually grand. And your warranty won't be void.
    Those prices are for England and I doubt we would get away with those prices here. Apple don't offer screen replacement here, just an out of warranty replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I was on about Belfast...people were saying to bring it to Belfast. That's in the UK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

guil wrote: »
    Those prices are for England and I doubt we would get away with those prices here. Apple don't offer screen replacement here, just an out of warranty replacement.

Best to send it in first and get a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Twice the price? We'll quote you that when you get a piss poor job done on the replacement screen and come back here looking for more recommendations.

How do you know it's a piss poor warranty if you've never even used it.

In fact apple has probably the best warranty of any brand out there.

I had a problem with the volume buttons on my iPhone 5 11months after purchase. Apple replaced the phone with new one without fuss. Good warranty if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Warranty is second to none had my battery and power switch replaced last month for free and phone is 2 years old next month. I find support in Apple shop great always worth the trip to Genius bar.

• Advertisement

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I was on about Belfast...people were saying to bring it to Belfast. That's in the UK!

Is that for real I would have to bring the phone to Belfast to get Apple to replace the screen if I get them to do it, I can't just post it to Apple in cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

guil wrote: »

They do...

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=Ireland&product=iphone

€121.30
    Is that for real I would have to bring the phone to Belfast to get Apple to replace the screen if I get them to do it, I can't just post it to Apple in cork?

No you can send it to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

That's good to know. Definitely wasn't there about a week ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Another one supporting apples warranty & customer care.

Can't say a bad word, they've replaced 3 phones for me over the years.
    Courier came within 24 hours and gave me a new phone and took my old one away.

It was the deciding factor in sticking with iOS this upgrade

Advertisement