Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ginger Beer

Options
  • 30-11-2014 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

I fancied some Ginger Beer for Chrimbo, so I started a Coopers kit on 27/11 and added 1Kg of Dextrose per the instructions.

The SG was 1022
    Yeast was pitched at 16C

It doesn't seem to be doing anything. It smells OK, but no scum on the top and the yeast seems to still be floating on the top.

Give it to me straight guys I can take it :o

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

per the instructions.
    Kit instructions: just say no, kids.

The SG was 1022
    Yeast was pitched at 16C
    Very low SG and very cool pitching temp. The yeast is probably still waking up. Give it a few more days somewhere warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Beernut - as always thank you ;)

Hi folks.

Getting it somewhere warmer could well mean moving country - not ruling it out. The Fermenter won't fit into the airing cupboard so, I'm pretty much stuck with what I have.

There was a little bit of a foam head on 1/12, but that has since subsided. The SG is falling, currently 1012. It still tastes OK, like flat ginger beer.

So my question if I give it a good couple of weeks before bottling, can I do any harm?

I was going to use my stock of PET bottles (500ml) - because I don't really like them. How many carbonation drops can I safely use if I want this stuff fizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Hi folks.

Getting it somewhere warmer could well mean moving country - not ruling it out. The Fermenter won't fit into the airing cupboard so, I'm pretty much stuck with what I have.

A room that you are comfortable sitting in will be +17c

oblivious wrote: »
    A room that you are comfortable sitting in will be +17c

Yes but I need to be minful of other residents :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement