Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Terenure Opening?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Whereabouts in Terenure is this?

On the opposite side of the road to Marios, next door to where Falks used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

They have done a fantastic job. The railway arch at the front is a nice reminder of the sites former use

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

MrWalsh wrote: »
    On the opposite side of the road to Marios, next door to where Falks used to be.

Is that just around the corner from Lidl? (Newish to Harold's Cross so don't know the surrounding areas too well yet!)

Edit: Sorry just checked google maps, I know where it is now :D

Is that just around the corner from Lidl? (Newish to Harold's Cross so don't know the surrounding areas too well yet!)

Yes. Thats it.

Where in Harolds Cross do you live?

• Advertisement

Where in Harolds Cross do you live?

Armstrong Street. I do my shopping in Lidl in Terenure. I think the ones in Rathmines are possibly closer but I find them so awkward for parking and I just hate the constant traffic there!

Armstrong Street. I do my shopping in Lidl in Terenure. I think the ones in Rathmines are possibly closer but I find them so awkward for parking and I just hate the constant traffic there!

Thats what I was thinking, that Rathmines would be closer for you depending on where in HX you live.

Thats what I was thinking, that Rathmines would be closer for you depending on where in HX you live.

Yeah distance-wise, but I find Terenure much more convenient. Not a huge difference in distance anyway I don't think!

I think the ones in Rathmines are possibly closer but I find them so awkward for parking and I just hate the constant traffic there!

Nothing puts me off a supermarket more than awkward parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johnfquinn

3 sep open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Is there much parking in the Terenure aldi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Underground car park, I believe

Just back, Its huge and very impressive. The place was jammed

The carpark is underneath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Trekked an hour and a half across the city to try and get some food mixer for the boyfriend's mom but they were all gone when I arrived (9.50am).

Missed opportunity to earn some brownie points, oh well!

Store is lovely otherwise and has a decent underground car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Will be interesting to see how this behaves with traffic trying to turn right out of Aldi into traffic heading towards Terenure crossroads.

Will be interesting to see how this behaves with traffic trying to turn right out of Aldi into traffic heading towards Terenure crossroads.
    I ended up going in twice today as I only live around the corner, both times there were queues of cars waiting to get out. Id say its going to be hell at Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I went last night and found the pedestrian lights outside the church helped me turn out right towards the village. Really should be a yellow box though like outside the lidl around the corner

Just to let people know there were loads of the water butts again this morning for €9.99

Advertisement