Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Finding missing parts for various Lego sets from the late 80's early 90's?

Options
  • 30-11-2014 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently found all my Lego from when I was a child. I have so far identified 23 different sets I had from big sets to small. I have the pdfs downloaded. But I am missing parts for most of them. I was looking online for sites to buy parts but I am finding bricklink a bit frustrating to navigate. This is a list of the sets I have found. Could anyone here recommend a place to get missing parts for the following sets?

LEGO Instructions - 1712 - Crossbow Cart
    LEGO Instructions - 6020 - Magic Shop
    LEGO Instructions - 6043 - Dragon Defender
    LEGO Instructions - 6090 - Royal Knights Castle
    LEGO Instructions - 6125 - Sea Sprint 9 - Aquanaut Octopod
    LEGO Instructions - 6155 - Deep Sea Predator
    LEGO Instructions - 6236 - Islanders - King Kahuka
    LEGO Instructions - 6259 - Broadsides Brig
    LEGO Instructions - 6261 - Pirate Raft Raiders
    LEGO Instructions - 6278 - Enchanted Island
    LEGO Instructions - 6483 - Coastal Patrol
    LEGO Instructions - 6537 - Hydro Racer
    LEGO Instructions - 6538 - Rebel Roadster
    LEGO Instructions - 6561 - Hot Rod Club
    LEGO Instructions - 6581 - Dig 'n' Dump
    LEGO Instructions - 6662 - Town - The Backhoe Loader
    LEGO Instructions - 6663 - Town – Wave Rebel
    LEGO Instructions - 6813 - Galactic Chief
    LEGO Instructions - 6814 - Ice Tunnelator
    LEGO Instructions - 6834 - Ice Celestial Sled - 100% complete
    LEGO Instructions - 6898 - Ice Sat – V

LEGO Technic Instructions - 8210 - Nitro GTX Bike
    LEGO Technic Instructions - 8225 - Road Rally V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I wouldn't give up on Bricklink. It is a bit frustrating to navigate but 100% the best solution for your problem. Once you get used to its interface it's fine really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I wouldn't give up on Bricklink. It is a bit frustrating to navigate but 100% the best solution for your problem. Once you get used to its interface it's fine really.

Thanks for that, I think I am getting the hang of it. I placed an order for a few bits last night from the UK but it says I don't pay until I receive an invoice from the seller?

I have the 8225 Lego technic buggy and the motor that attaches to it from the 8720 set. I have been trying to find out which rubber band part I need to connect the motor to the wheel axle. Any suggestions on how I might figure that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Deedsie wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I think I am getting the hang of it. I placed an order for a few bits last night from the UK but it says I don't pay until I receive an invoice from the seller?

That's right, once you pay the seller will send you a message with the invoice along with his payment details (typically PayPal).
    I have the 8225 Lego technic buggy and the motor that attaches to it from the 8720 set. I have been trying to find out which rubber band part I need to connect the motor to the wheel axle. Any suggestions on how I might figure that out?

Have you taken a look at the inventory list for each set on Bricklink? When you do a search for a set you'll see a 'view catalogue entry' on the results page underneath the pricing information. I'm not sure if the band would come up in the inventory list though, I'm not terribly familiar with Technic.

That's right, once you pay the seller will send you a message with the invoice along with his payment details (typically PayPal).

Have you taken a look at the inventory list for each set on Bricklink? When you do a search for a set you'll see a 'view catalogue entry' on the results page underneath the pricing information. I'm not sure if the band would come up in the inventory list though, I'm not terribly familiar with Technic.

Ya unfortunately it is not listed. I have the pdf instructions for adding the motor but it doesn't mention the size of the rubber band required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Hi,

I recently found all my Lego from when I was a child. I have so far identified 23 different sets I had from big sets to small. I have the pdfs downloaded. But I am missing parts for most of them. I was looking online for sites to buy parts but I am finding bricklink a bit frustrating to navigate. This is a list of the sets I have found. Could anyone here recommend a place to get missing parts for the following sets?

LEGO Instructions - 1712 - Crossbow Cart
    LEGO Instructions - 6020 - Magic Shop
    LEGO Instructions - 6043 - Dragon Defender
    LEGO Instructions - 6090 - Royal Knights Castle
    LEGO Instructions - 6125 - Sea Sprint 9 - Aquanaut Octopod
    LEGO Instructions - 6155 - Deep Sea Predator
    LEGO Instructions - 6236 - Islanders - King Kahuka
    LEGO Instructions - 6259 - Broadsides Brig
    LEGO Instructions - 6261 - Pirate Raft Raiders
    LEGO Instructions - 6278 - Enchanted Island
    LEGO Instructions - 6483 - Coastal Patrol
    LEGO Instructions - 6537 - Hydro Racer
    LEGO Instructions - 6538 - Rebel Roadster
    LEGO Instructions - 6561 - Hot Rod Club
    LEGO Instructions - 6581 - Dig 'n' Dump
    LEGO Instructions - 6662 - Town - The Backhoe Loader
    LEGO Instructions - 6663 - Town – Wave Rebel
    LEGO Instructions - 6813 - Galactic Chief
    LEGO Instructions - 6814 - Ice Tunnelator
    LEGO Instructions - 6834 - Ice Celestial Sled - 100% complete
    LEGO Instructions - 6898 - Ice Sat – V

LEGO Technic Instructions - 8210 - Nitro GTX Bike
    LEGO Technic Instructions - 8225 - Road Rally V

From the instructions can you post a picture of the part you need. I could have look next time im home and see if I happen upon it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Ya unfortunately it is not listed. I have the pdf instructions for adding the motor but it doesn't mention the size of the rubber band required.

From the picture in the PDFs, I think this is your man:
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x137

Paddy

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    From the picture in the PDFs, I think this is your man:
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x137

Paddy

Nice one Paddy. Thanks for that. Does anyone know if there is a list of Lego technic sets that are compatible with the 8720 power pack?

Advertisement