Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea Away Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Is this on tv?
    Our website says it is?? But don't see it scheduled on Sky?

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/matches/spurs-on-tv/

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

There will be a million streams

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd love a result, but Chelsea are by far the best team in the league right now. And while we've been getting results recently, i just can't see us getting anything from this. The one saving grace is that Costa will be suspended.

2-0 to Chelsea i'd say.

Wed have taken 6 points from Everton/Chelsea/Palace so I think they will treat this a free shot to nothing. I fancy us to get a score draw maybe even 2-2.

we will be full of confidence , play well but will prob get beaten. Chelsea are awesome this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

The only way I see us getting anything here is if they forget Costa is suspended and play him then we're awarded the win. They look brilliant this year, I reckon if we match them for a while and loose by the Single goal it wouldn't be an awful day. Once we don't get hammered.

Having said that 2-1 is 60/1 so I'm having €5 on that.

maybe play a second string side, accept the defeat and keep the first team for palace at home on saturday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mickman wrote: »
    maybe play a second string side, accept the defeat and keep the first team for palace at home on saturday ?

Imagine the message that would send out. I can see the thinking in your proposal but this is a London Derby. Never going to happen.

I'd love to see us park the bus and sneak away with a 0-0. Just to p1ss off Mourinho as much as anything. 2 points from 6 from Sunderland and Spurs would open things up for the EPL

Imagine the message that would send out. I can see the thinking in your proposal but this is a London Derby. Never going to happen.

I'd love to see us park the bus and sneak away with a 0-0. Just to p1ss off Mourinho as much as anything. 2 points from 6 from Sunderland and Spurs would open things up for the EPL

yeah i know, was only a joke really. WOuldnt like to see us roll over

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Is this on tv?
    Our website says it is?? But don't see it scheduled on Sky?

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/matches/spurs-on-tv/

It's on upstairs in Mayes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I hate this fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I hate Drogba

.. all this talk of Costa being out but with Drogba's record against us, I'd nearly prefer Costa to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

How I would love to beat this lot at their place. They are everything I despise in a football club, horrible manager and horrible fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    How I would love to beat this lot at their place. They are everything I despise in a football club, horrible manager and horrible fans.

Couldn't agree more... Would love to beat them, very unlikely though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I think he might bench Kane, he's had a lot of game time. Not overly worried about Drogba, lacks pace, but still excellent in the air. Would prefer him to Remy.

Chelsea have a superb midfield, defense and keeper, they could probably play with no strikers and still win. We've played them before and packed the midfield with no joy. I'd play Ade up front if he's fit.

We had an awful record against Utd, that's been lifted, so who's knows the hex might be broken tonight.

Just hope Terry doesn't score and has the worst game of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I think he might bench Kane, he's had a lot of game time. Not overly worried about Drogba, lacks pace, but still excellent in the air. Would prefer him to Remy.

Chelsea have a superb midfield, defense and keeper, they could probably play with no strikers and still win. We've played them before and packed the midfield with no joy. I'd play Ade up front if he's fit.

We had an awful record against Utd, that's been lifted, so who's knows the hex might be broken tonight.

Very surprised to hear that! I for one wouldn't!

Looking forward to tonight game. It's going to be tough, but hopefully we can build on the performance from Sunday and take something from the bridge.

Play Ade ? Are you crazy

mickman wrote: »
    Play Ade ? Are you crazy

Yes.

I believe his record against Chelsea is okay? It would be a gamble, he's had a lot of bad press of late all of it justified. We might get a fired up player.

“We have played very well with one striker, with Adebayor, against QPR, and other games, like Southampton,” he said. “Always, it depends on the opponent you have or which is your best decision. And after, we have a lot of games and you need to analyse not only the performance but also the fatigue, as we play after three days.

“Sometimes, you play with two strikers, as against Everton for example, and we say: ’Now the same.’ But we need to understand that the player maybe needs rest. There is some fatigue or a different problem and we have a lot of games ahead. Is Kane tired? Yes. He ran 13km. It is unbelievable that one striker ran 13km in one game.”

Pochettino stuck to his usual mantra when he was asked whether he might need to man-manage Adebayor, if he was fit but kept as a substitute. “For me, every player is special,” Pochettino said. “Adebayor is special, Harry Kane is special. Harry Winks [the young midfielder] is special. They are different players, sure, and you need to show respect for each player. But each player is special.”

Yes.

I believe his record against Chelsea is okay? It would be a gamble, he's had a lot of bad press of late all of it justified. We might get a fired up player.

“We have played very well with one striker, with Adebayor, against QPR, and other games, like Southampton,” he said. “Always, it depends on the opponent you have or which is your best decision. And after, we have a lot of games and you need to analyse not only the performance but also the fatigue, as we play after three days.

“Sometimes, you play with two strikers, as against Everton for example, and we say: ’Now the same.’ But we need to understand that the player maybe needs rest. There is some fatigue or a different problem and we have a lot of games ahead. Is Kane tired? Yes. He ran 13km. It is unbelievable that one striker ran 13km in one game.”

Pochettino stuck to his usual mantra when he was asked whether he might need to man-manage Adebayor, if he was fit but kept as a substitute. “For me, every player is special,” Pochettino said. “Adebayor is special, Harry Kane is special. Harry Winks [the young midfielder] is special. They are different players, sure, and you need to show respect for each player. But each player is special.”

I hope we are gone beyond the "Ade has something to prove" loop that we have been around before. I think it would be poisonous for a team that is just beginning to perform to throw him in now. He should serve his time in the cups.

Start the same team as Sunday and go balls out for it...nothing to lose

slegs wrote: »
    Start the same team as Sunday and go balls out for it...nothing to lose

I wouldn't have a problem with that either, there midfield is formidable. No red cards please.

• Advertisement

if i see ade on the teamsheet then we are doomed from the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

horrible hoodoo here stretching back to Feb 1990

same team as Everton and have a go the them !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As long as we play ok, and don't utterly capitulate like we have in the past, i'll be happy enough. Given out record there, and how much better they are then anyone else, we can't really expect too much.

2-0 to Chelsea i'd say.

Kiith wrote: »
    As long as we play ok, and don't utterly capitulate like we have in the past, i'll be happy enough. Given out record there, and how much better they are then anyone else, we can't really expect too much.

2-0 to Chelsea i'd say.

yep exactly. no one expects us to win tonight. A good performance and beat palace then on saturday would do just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »

2-0 to Chelsea i'd say.

Cant see Spurs getting anything here either, 0-2 to Chelsea..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Even if we lost by a goal it would be a big improvement on our recent record against top 4 teams.

I know that's awfully negative but we've rolled over so much this and last season that we need to just start competing against them.

That said, if we attack and defend like we did against Everton, it will be a cracker, and we can win it.

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Effort, I just want to see us attempt to give them a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Effort, I just want to see us attempt to give them a game.

Yes I agree. While I would love us to win and hope we do. I will probably be satisfied with a good solid team effort and some good play, while not getting hockeyed.

I am stupidly optimistic though! 2-1 to us, Soldado with a brace.. dreamland! COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'm sure we'll put it upto them for 15 mins and then fall to pieces

• Advertisement

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 2m2 minutes ago
    Team news: Only one change from Sunday's victory over Everton with @Coco_Lamela coming in for @R9Soldado.

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 3m3 minutes ago
    #THFC subs: Vorm, Dier, Kaboul, Naughton, Chadli, Paulinho, Soldado.

#THFC team: Lloris; Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Bentaleb, Mason; Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane. #COYS

Advertisement