Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea Away Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

h2005 wrote: »
    Vertoghen way too weak there.
    thats cos he doesn't give a toss any more

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Harry Kane our best player yet again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Ah well,move on to the next game.decent performance though apart from the goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Really pissed off on the soldado situation. Is poch taking the piss out of him or something? Let him build up his confidence and then drop him for the next game?! Bit of a bad joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Are you all just purposely ignoring the good balls that Lamela has been playing in in the second half and concentrating solely on the negatives?

Ah you can understand the frustration at this stage. Its not just this match. He's consistently underachvied, underperformed and generally underwhelmed us since his mega money move. The flashes of brilliance can be counted on one hand. The bloody awful showings have been pretty consistent

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i'm not that bothered with it to be honest. We were never going to beat them. They are better then us in pretty much every position.

Onwards and, hopefully, upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Chiriches didn't do too badly, so people calling for Dier instead of him haven't been watching Dier's last few performances at right back.

I can understand the Soldado decision as we face a heavy December fixture list and few expected us to get much tonight.

I'm not too upset with the result. Our players have showed improvement from the opening couple of months of the season. As the commentator said, we've got 8 points from the last 75 available at Stamford Bridge. So Poch hasn't done much wrong compared to his predecessors.

Focus on Crystal Palace now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, i'm not that bothered with it to be honest. We were never going to beat them. They are better then us in pretty much every position.

Onwards and, hopefully, upwards.

Yeah we never going to get anything off them in reality. It is just a pity we had to play them off the back of a good win and performance on Sunday. We started well and because of individual errors found ourselves 2 down. Lamela really should not be playing these big away games and as for our right back the less said the better, he is a fairy and the sooner he is gone the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Chiriches didn't do too badly, so people calling for Dier instead of him haven't been watching Dier's last few performances at right back.

I can understand the Soldado decision as we face a heavy December fixture list and few expected us to get much tonight.

I'm not too upset with the result. Our players have showed improvement from the opening couple of months of the season. As the commentator said, we've got 8 points from the last 75 available at Stamford Bridge. So Poch hasn't done much wrong compared to his predecessors.

Focus on Crystal Palace now.

Agree with most of that but the individual mistakes are awful, and are still there for all to see..

I disagree about Chiriches not doing bad, I thought he was rubbish and always liable to make a mistake but I agree that Dier is no right back either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

overall the team performance had many positives. The players never gave up which is a good show of support for Pochettino.

We were totally outclassed though. The gulf in quality is embarrassing.

Kane gets better every game. Davies is improving. Lamela ... liability.. more Dos Santos than Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Didn't see the game, so can't comment on that.

Couldn't understand why Pooch left out Sol.

We played some of our best stuff against an Everton team on a good run.

The only thing I can make of the Managers decision is.........

He felt we weren't going to get anything out of this match and he was resting Sol for the Palace match..

Managers can be like that....they think are more clever than they really are.

He should have played what he thought was our best team, to see if they are our best team.

You can only gauge your performances if you play your best 11 against the Top Teams.

Otherwise You learn nothing :o

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    How I would love to beat this lot at their place. They are everything I despise in a football club, horrible manager and horrible fans.

That's a bit rich coming from your lot. :pac:

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    That's a bit rich coming from your lot. :pac:

BAAaaaaaaaaa :P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Same reason we didn't sign Hazard, Cahill or Willian...
    Remy failed a medical at Liverpool, would prob have failed at spurs too. I rate him as a striker as well, so sad that there has been no improvement at all yet with our manager

Harry Rednapp wanted to sign Remy for us, a few years ago.

Can't remember why it didn't go through :confused:

Harry Rednapp wanted to sign Remy for us, a few years ago.

Can't remember why it didn't go through :confused:

The player was valued at £10+ million and Levy bid 2.5M, most likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

The player was valued at £10+ million and Levy bid 2.5M, most likely

Really, do you know this?

Really, do you know this?

I do indeed, Levy let it slip after a few too many beers one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Only at Spurs.....

Dembele £15m
    Paulinho £17m
    Capoue £9m
    Stambouli £5m

First Choice?

Ryan Mason £0m and Nabil Bentaleb £0m

• Advertisement

Only at Spurs.....

Dembele £15m
    Paulinho £17m
    Capoue £9m
    Stambouli £5m

First Choice?

Shocking isn't it, paints a very poor picture of our scouting network.

'story with Capoue anyway. I would have liked to see him start tonight. He injured?

Stambouli might come good yet. A spell in the army the Europa league will do him the world of good.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I disagree about Chiriches not doing bad, I thought he was rubbish and always liable to make a mistake but I agree that Dier is no right back either.

Don't get me wrong, I will want Walker and Yedlin in the team ahead of him when they're available. Though, Chiriches was up against arguably one of the three best players in the league tonight. For a lad playing out of position he did alright, far better than Dier could.

Chiriches is an unreliable lunatic, though he is far more dynamic and athletic than Dier. Dier has a future as a static no-nonsense centre back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Only at Spurs.....

Dembele £15m
    Paulinho £17m
    Capoue £9m
    Stambouli £5m

First Choice?

And at Liverpool :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

i thought we played well tonight, looked good on the ball, and only a few individual errors cost us.

thought eriksen was pants, the worst player for us on the pitch. offered nothing going forward, nothing defensively, he just did nothing. saunters around the pitch with his jersey over his hands. if he bothered to break a sweat that wouldnt be necessary.

ingo1984 wrote: »
    i thought we played well tonight, looked good on the ball, and only a few individual errors cost us.

thought eriksen was pants, the worst player for us on the pitch. offered nothing going forward, nothing defensively, he just did nothing. saunters around the pitch with his jersey over his hands. if he bothered to break a sweat that wouldnt be necessary.

yes thats kind of embarrasisng to see that. Played 5 a side myself last night and after 5 mins the gloves were off and was sweating.

I think poch is still clearly out of his depth

1. One good performance all season
    2. Constantly plays lamela in most games and all the big ones and he has failed miserably every time
    3. Persisted with adebayour
    4. Dropped chadli who was our biggest goal threat

The team has shown no improvement on last season, in fact we are even more gutless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mickman wrote: »
    yes thats kind of embarrasisng to see that. Played 5 a side myself last night and after 5 mins the gloves were off and was sweating.

2. Constantly plays lamela in most games and all the big ones and he has failed miserably every time

The team has shown no improvement on last season, in fact we are even more gutless

Plenty of players where gloves, my feet and hands never warm up in winter, bad circulation.

Maybe he's under pressure to play Lamella.
    Ade is done at the club.
    Chadli was coming back from injury, may not have wanted to risk him.

You have to give the manager time, hasn't been there five minutes, hasn't had a proper shot in the transfer window. Is trying to implement his own style.

Palace, Swansea, Burnley, Leicester next.

mickman wrote: »

That's a fairly rash comment and your supporting points aren't much help either.

To counter the points you've made;

1. We've had two good performances, I know that's not much but I've seen an improvement in the last week as Poch's ideas seem to be getting through. With more time and more influence on the club we'll see the strong foundations he's implementing taking effect.

2. He needs to justify playing Lamela before he can drop him. The club spent £30m on him and will not want to see him on the bench. Maybe Poch is being told to get him in to the shop window? Maybe Poch believes Lamela needs game time to get his confidence up?

3. He gave Adebayor a chance. He was loyal to him and gave him every opportunity to perform. Now when Adebayor asks why he's not being played, Poch can turn to him and say "you had your chance." Intelligent man management in my opinion.

4. Your last point is the most silly one - Chadli pulls a hamstring on international duty. He doesn't play one match, we perform brilliantly in that match and then he doesn't play the next match and you call him "dropped"? I'm sure Chadli wasn't even complaining about not starting last night!!!

We're 14 matches in to the season with a new manager, we've only started seeing some passion and the way the manager wants to play and you're saying he's "out of his depth"? Are you Daniel Levy in disguise? Give Poch some time!

That's a fairly rash comment and your supporting points aren't much help either.

To counter the points you've made;

1. We've had two good performances, I know that's not much but I've seen an improvement in the last week as Poch's ideas seem to be getting through. With more time and more influence on the club we'll see the strong foundations he's implementing taking effect.

2. He needs to justify playing Lamela before he can drop him. The club spent £30m on him and will not want to see him on the bench. Maybe Poch is being told to get him in to the shop window? Maybe Poch believes Lamela needs game time to get his confidence up?

3. He gave Adebayor a chance. He was loyal to him and gave him every opportunity to perform. Now when Adebayor asks why he's not being played, Poch can turn to him and say "you had your chance." Intelligent man management in my opinion.

4. Your last point is the most silly one - Chadli pulls a hamstring on international duty. He doesn't play one match, we perform brilliantly in that match and then he doesn't play the next match and you call him "dropped"? I'm sure Chadli wasn't even complaining about not starting last night!!!

We're 14 matches in to the season with a new manager, we've only started seeing some passion and the way the manager wants to play and you're saying he's "out of his depth"? Are you Daniel Levy in disguise? Give Poch some time!

no need for the attitude kid, im entitled to say what i think

1. If you consider two good performances satisfactory by the first week of december then i find that a little strange

2. "He needs to justify playing lamela before he can drop him" -- this makes no sense. Explain this point. If he was justified in playing lamela then lamela wouldnt need to be dropped

3. He gave adebayour too many chances, kept playing him when he was shocking and kane was delivering good performance after good performance

4. Chadli is strong, much stronger than lamela, would have been suited to last nights game more than lamela. International duty was nearly two weeks ago and he was on the bench at the weekend so he isnt injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

I thought we played well enough last night. Chelsea just a lot better than us. Not much you can do about that except take it on the chin and move on

Advertisement