Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea Away Match Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

mickman wrote: »
    yes thats kind of embarrasisng to see that. Played 5 a side myself last night and after 5 mins the gloves were off and was sweating.

I think poch is still clearly out of his depth

1. One good performance all season
    2. Constantly plays lamela in most games and all the big ones and he has failed miserably every time
    3. Persisted with adebayour
    4. Dropped chadli who was our biggest goal threat

The team has shown no improvement on last season, in fact we are even more gutless

we have to start giving managers a decent length of time to implement their vision and build the team their way - unfortunately history tells us that this rarely happens at Spurs - hopfully Pochintino will be the exception.

Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better - unless we become relegation candidates (which I don't think we will) everyone should stick with Pochintino until at least 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

we have to start giving managers a decent length of time to implement their vision and build the team their way - unfortunately history tells us that this rarely happens at Spurs - hopfully Pochintino will be the exception.

Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better - unless we become relegation candidates (which I don't think we will) everyone should stick with Pochintino until at least 2016.

thats fine, to be honest id rather he stays and gets a chance then get fired . i jsut dont think he was the correct appointment to begin with but nothing we can do about that now

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Im not happy with the way the season has gone but in fairness the last couple of seasons have now been pants. In the last couple of weeks, especially the last 2 games there are signs that we are improving. Bentalab, Mason, Kane, Soldado, lennon have been emence in palying the pressing game from the top. Davies is starting to look ok. Fazio might turn out to decent. Chop changing managers has done nothing for us, i dont think anyone will come in with a magic wand. I'd be of the opinion that we stick it out with Poch for the foreseebale future and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

no need for the attitude kid, im entitled to say what i think

1. If you consider two good performances satisfactory by the first week of december then i find that a little strange

2. "He needs to justify playing lamela before he can drop him" -- this makes no sense. Explain this point. If he was justified in playing lamela then lamela wouldnt need to be dropped

3. He gave adebayour too many chances, kept playing him when he was shocking and kane was delivering good performance after good performance

4. Chadli is strong, much stronger than lamela, would have been suited to last nights game more than lamela. International duty was nearly two weeks ago and he was on the bench at the weekend so he isnt injured.

There's no attitude there.... kid.

I'm just fed up of this merry go round of hopping on managers' backs and expecting them to perform miracles in very short time period. I was delighted when DL gave Poch a five year contract - it showed commitment in a very unstable period for the club. Stability, commitment and support for the team/manager is what we need now.

2. "He needs to justify playing lamela before he can drop him" -- this makes no sense. Explain this point. If he was justified in playing lamela then lamela wouldnt need to be dropped

Apologies, I meant to say he needs to justify dropping Lamela before he can drop him.

As I said, he's a £30m purchase - Poch can't just turn around to the Board and say "I'm not playing him", there will be pressure on Poch to get Lamela to perform. So he needs to play him to get his confidence up, if Lamela doesn't perform then Poch can say to the Board and the player that things aren't working out. Similar to the Adebayor situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

There's no attitude there.... kid.

I'm just fed up of this merry go round of hopping on managers' backs and expecting them to perform miracles in very short time period. I was delighted when DL gave Poch a five year contract - it showed commitment in a very unstable period for the club. Stability, commitment and support for the team/manager is what we need now

Apologies, I meant to say he needs to justify dropping Lamela before he can drop him.

As I said, he's a £30m purchase - Poch can't just turn around to the Board and say "I'm not playing him", there will be pressure on Poch to get Lamela to perform. So he needs to play him to get his confidence up, if Lamela doesn't perform then Poch can say to the Board and the player that things aren't working out. Similar to the Adebayor situation.

No need to call my points "silly" - thats not the way to have a debate , its childish.. .. kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

I'm delighted to be able to agree 100% with you on something! Lack of stability in recent years is definitely an issue. Changing managers who then need to settle in, disregarding the previous manager's players, getting their own players in, etc. All of these things prevent the team developing in a coherent way. The turnover of managers and particularly players has been too high in recent years.

This is something that the Board could justifiably receive some criticism for. They are too quick to press the panic button after a few bad results. Unfortunately the supporters also have a big part to play in that. A lot of Spurs followers have no patience whatever and shout about changing managers every time there is a run of a few bad results. If Levy & Co were to follow the lead of a very vocal section of the supporters, the number of managers and players in & out would be far higher than it actually has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

No need to call my points "silly" - thats not the way to have a debate , its childish.. .. kid

But do you not think it's silly that you call the manager 'out of his depth' because he didn't play an unfit player.

I get your point about Chadli probably being a better option than Lamela last night, but Poch might have wanted to play Chadli but the physio said "he's not fully fit - if you stick him on from the start you could be taking him off after 20 minutes".

After all Chadli is playing his best stuff for us under Poch. Do you really think he just dropped him for the sake of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

gonna whisper this but have to say Paulihno looked decent when he came on…

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

gonna whisper this but have to say Paulihno looked decent when he came on…

I prefer to think of it as "he played less sh1tè" than normal

Advertisement