Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less Expensive GoPro Alternatives

• 30-11-2014 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭

Any ideas on less expensive alternatives to the GoPro? Child has just got into you tubing & wants to make videos so looking for something waterproof that can take a few knocks if need be.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

I think the SJ4000 is supposed to be pretty good, have been looking at them recently myself and they can be got for around €60 I think.

http://www.banggood.com/SJ4000-Waterproof-HD-1_5-Inch-Car-DVR-Camera-Sport-DV-Novatek-1080P-p-917037.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Do you know if that one does time-lapse JoseJones ? Can't see it in the specs

Apparently not but from what I have read, you can set it up to take a photo every few seconds (3s, 5s, 10s, 20s) which is sort of the same thing I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

The new GoPro HERO (no numbers) is a great no frills camera for younger action Heros. It doesn't have WiFi, but is good value at under €130 and can be used with virtually everything made for it's Big brothers. I have seen some of the cheaper knock off's and you really don't want to go there and waste your money.

Thanks. Placed an order for the SJ4000 Wifi after viewing some reviews. It looks perfect for current needs.

• Advertisement

Where did you order from in the end? Let us know how you get on with it, I've read plenty of good things about that camera so you should be fine. I'm still undecided as to whether I'll get enough use out of it to justify buying one but they do look good for the price.

Wife ordered it (it's my Xmas gift), from Amazon I think. It's not going to get a whole lot of action use, but ill post an update.

Advertisement