Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One line / two accounts.

Options
  • 30-11-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

I'm at my wits end with Eircom. I have had ongoing problems since I made the mistake of signing up with you in mid. June. I ordered a broadband only account.

The latest problem is that you have managed to create *two* different accounts & phone numbers (both b'band only.) Both paid by DD.

Talking to customer care is a disaster because they say that they can only look at one account at a time.

I also have problems with the download speeds (averaging 0.56Mbps according to Samknows.)
    During my last chat I was told that one acc. has a max. of 5Mbps and the other has a max. of 20 and that there is a major fault on the line. Told it would be sorted (the fault that is) last week but still waiting...

All I want is to pay for ONE DECENT WORKING acc. and get credit for the other. 

Is this too much to ask here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    I'm at my wits end with Eircom. I have had ongoing problems since I made the mistake of signing up with you in mid. June. I ordered a broadband only account.

The latest problem is that you have managed to create *two* different accounts & phone numbers (both b'band only.) Both paid by DD.

Talking to customer care is a disaster because they say that they can only look at one account at a time.

I also have problems with the download speeds (averaging 0.56Mbps according to Samknows.)
    During my last chat I was told that one acc. has a max. of 5Mbps and the other has a max. of 20 and that there is a major fault on the line. Told it would be sorted (the fault that is) last week but still waiting...

Sorry to hear this J_A_F_A

Please PM me the two account numbers and I'll look in tot his further for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Sorry to hear this <snipped due to Boards policy>

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    One of my accounts has disappeared so there is hope...any chance of something being done about the dire lack of speed...?

Cheers,
    J_

Sorry to hear this <snipped due to Boards policy>

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    One of my accounts has disappeared so there is hope...any chance of something being done about the dire lack of speed...?

Cheers,
    J_
    Hi J_A_F_A

Can you confirm what speeds you're getting at present please?

Thanks
    AL

Hi Alan,

Cheers,
    J_

Can you confirm what speeds you're getting at present please?

Thanks
    AL
    Latest download speed is 0.75Mbps. Highest in the last seven days was 0.94Mbps
    The highest upload speed was 0.395Mbps

J_

Cheers JAFFA

I'm awaiting an update from technical support on this - that does indeed seem very low to be honest

As soon as I have more information I'll let you know

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Cheers JAFFA

I'm awaiting an update from technical support on this - that does indeed seem very low to be honest

Thanks
    Al
    Still waiting on this. Latest download speed 0.75Mbps
    It would be nice to have it resolved before Christmas!

J_

Cheers JAFFA

Thanks
    Al
    Still waiting on this. Latest download speed 0.75Mbps
    It would be nice to have it resolved before Christmas!

J_
    Hi J_A_F_A

I'm very sorry this has not been resolved for you yet - I will add priority to you case today and get back to you as soon as I have any further information.

Thanks
    Al

I'm very sorry this has not been resolved for you yet - I will add priority to you case today and get back to you as soon as I have any further information.

Thanks
    Al
    If you added "priority" to my case it's not made any difference. I would really like this fixed before Christmas. As at 06:00 this morning the line was crawling along at 0.74Mbps

Thanks
    Al
    If you added "priority" to my case it's not made any difference. I would really like this fixed before Christmas. As at 06:00 this morning the line was crawling along at 0.74Mbps
    Your right J_A_F_A

Adding priority to this has seed to be ineffective - I will follow up on this today and update you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

Your right <snip> 

Adding priority to this has seed to be ineffective - I will follow up on this today and update you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al
    Mirabile dictu.

An engineer has fixed the fault. It works! :-)

Thank you Al.

Happy Christmas.

J_

PS 
    (still waiting on the refund cheque but you did say it would take some time)

• Advertisement

Your right <snip> 

Thanks
    Al
    Mirabile dictu.

Thank you Al.

Happy Christmas.

J_

PS 
    You're welcome J_A_F_A

Yes the refund will take 30 working days but I'll keep my eye on this for you

Happy Christmas to you too :)

Al

Your right <snip> 

Thanks
    Al
    Mirabile dictu.

Thank you Al.

Happy Christmas.

J_

PS 
    You're welcome J_A_F_A

Al
    Hi Alan,
    Giving this a bump. I received a final bill dated 17th Dec 2014 for the account that you killed off. It states that there is a substantial credit. Still waiting for a refund cheque...

Also sent you a PM about a different matter.
    Thanks,
    J_

Your right <snip> 

Thanks
    Al
    Mirabile dictu.

Thank you Al.

Happy Christmas.

J_

PS 
    You're welcome J_A_F_A

Al
    Hi Andy,
    Giving this a bump. I received a final bill dated 17th Dec 2014 for the account that you killed off. It states that there is a substantial credit. Still waiting for a refund cheque...

Also sent you a PM about a different matter.
    Thanks,
    J_
    Hi J_A_F_A

Please leave this with me and I will get back to you with an update tomorrow morning

Thanks
    Al

<snip>
    Hi J_A_F_A

Please leave this with me and I will get back to you with an update tomorrow morning

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Still waiting on your update.

J_

<snip>
    Hi J_A_F_A

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Still waiting on your update.

J_
    Hi J_A_F_A

Please view my PM to you,

Cheers

Al

<snip>
    Hi J_A_F_A

Cheers

Al
    Done & replied.

<snip>
    Hi J_A_F_A

Cheers

Al
    Done & replied.
    Thanks for taking the call J_A_F_A

Let me know if you have anything else I can help with

Cheers
    Al

Hi Alan,
    Giving this thread yet another bump. Still no sign of my refund. 30 working days are well and truly past! The final bill stating that the account was in credit is dated 17th December 2014.

J_

Cheers
    Al

Alan.
    Sent you another PM in the hopes that you might be able to resolve the credit issue. 

J_
    Hi Alan,
    Giving this thread yet another bump. Still no sign of my refund. 30 working days are well and truly past! The final bill stating that the account was in credit is dated 17th December 2014.

J_

Cheers
    Al

Alan.
    Sent you another PM in the hopes that you might be able to resolve the credit issue. 

J_
    Hi Alan,

J_

Cheers
    Al
    Hi JAFFA

The refund was finally cleared and arranged on the 11/2 and from this date the expected time frame for cheque delivery to your home should be 10 working days meaning that the cheque of €199.26 will be with you any day now.

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks. Will advise if/when it appears.

Update: Minutes after posting here the cheque did arrive!

J_
    <SNIP>
    Hi JAFFA

The refund was finally cleared and arranged on the 11/2 and from this date the expected time frame for cheque delivery to your home should be 10 working days meaning that the cheque of €199.26 will be with you any day now.

Cheers
    Al

Thanks. Will advise if/when it appears.

J_
    <SNIP>
    Hi JAFFA

Cheers
    Al
    Please do J_A_F_A

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement