Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Greater Men Have Fallen

Options
  • 30-11-2014 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭

It seems some people are of the view this Primordial album is inferior to their previous two. I think its just as good as anything they've created.

Babel's Tower:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpuwbyM5BKc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mikeweed

Great album, first two songs set the tone. I will have to give it more of a listening to but I dont think its as good as The Gathering Wilderness (my favorite) but this one could grow on me too. Cant understand how Primordial dont get more publicity, by far the best Irish band ever, unique and original.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

mikeweed wrote: »
    Great album, first two songs set the tone. I will have to give it more of a listening to but I dont think its as good as The Gathering Wilderness (my favorite) but this one could grow on me too. Cant understand how Primordial dont get more publicity, by far the best Irish band ever, unique and original.

The Gathering Wilderness would be my favourite too. I think this album is their strongest since that one. The last two albums i wasn't overly impressed by, they were decent, but didn't measure up to The Gathering Wilderness in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mikeweed

True, I still love To The The Nameless Dead, but The gathering had it all, epic song writing with great lyrics and it felt very personal. In fairness if Primordial were to release a greatest hits it would be some collection, on all there albums the have pure classics. Great to see the video for Bables Tower, suits the song, epic song and epic video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I think the album certainly isn't as instantly accessible as empires and redemption. It feels like they made an effort to slow it down and have a way darker vibe. I love it though. I think its a return to the pace and grimness of the Gathering Wilderness. Title track, babel's tower and seed of the tyrants are clicking with me so far, but no more than the gathering wilderness i reckon its an album that will slowly open its self up and i'll eventually go through every song as a favorite at one stage or another. Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yeah really liking the album. It seems to get better with each listen so it's definitely a grower too.

Anyone at the Redemption Fest release party over the weekend? Hands down one of the best metal gig weekends I've been to in Ireland in years! In disbelief at the high concentration of amazing bands all weekend long! Primordial killed it as always, such a rousing live band. There's not many other undergound metal bands who would have the entire Academy screaming lyrics at the top of their lungs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cro mags

to the nameless dead was a top album. easily their best release (IMO).
    redemption at the puritans hand was underwhelming. average at best.
    new song has a whiff of mayhems's freezing moon.

although haven't heard the full album yet ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

yeah really liking the album. It seems to get better with each listen so it's definitely a grower too.

Anyone at the Redemption Fest release party over the weekend? Hands down one of the best metal gig weekends I've been to in Ireland in years! In disbelief at the high concentration of amazing bands all weekend long! Primordial killed it as always, such a rousing live band. There's not many other undergound metal bands who would have the entire Academy screaming lyrics at the top of their lungs!

Was a great show. One of the best I have seen them play.
    Dead Congregation were great too. I only did the Friday night, not able for two in a row these days!

I find the new album gets better with every listen.
    My personal favourite off the album is Wield Lightning To Split The Sun.

Advertisement