Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best deal on 32 inch TV (or bigger depending on price)

Options
  • 30-11-2014 5:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4

If anyone spots one could you throw it up here please. Their should be some good offer tomorrow hopefully. Nothing jumping out at the minute anyway...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

I bought this 40inch on Amazon for 299GBP with free shipping. Great value for a quality brand. You will get cheaper on the usual muck Brands Bush, Finlux, Technika etc but for me personally I will never touch one of those brands after seeing them in other peoples homes. Picture quality is worth more than saving 20 or 40 eur

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL40R483-Widescreen-Television-Freeview/dp/B00IJ8PHI0/

and there is a 32 inch version for 199GBP

• Registered Users Posts: 46,133 ✭✭✭✭muffler

muffler wrote: »
    That set isnt Saorview compatible

How do you work that out. Sony havent made a non Saorview compatible TV since 2010. They use the same models all across Europe.

Its DVB-T2 / MPEG4 and the older version KDL40R473A is listed on the Soarview.ie website so it would be some fluke if the newer version isnt Saorview compatible.

Are you just guessing or do you know it isnt compatible?

slegs wrote: »
    How do you work that out. Sony havent made a non Saorview compatible TV since 2010. They use the same models all across Europe.

Its DVB-T2 / MPEG4 and the older version KDL40R473A is listed on the Soarview.ie website so it would be some fluke if the newer version isnt Saorview compatible.

Are you just guessing or do you know it isnt compatible?
    No, not guessing at all but I based my earlier comment on the following
    1. Its not listed on the official Saorview site
    2. On the link you provided there is some doubt as to whether its compatible or not
    3. The exact same telly is available in Argos and nowhere does it state anything about Saorview although it does say its a freeview telly which is strange considering that Freeview is British and not Irish terrestrial tv

However you have bought the TV so you are in a good postion to tell us whether you can receive the Saorview channels or not.

No, not guessing at all but I based my earlier comment on the following
    1. Its not listed on the official Saorview site
    2. On the link you provided there is some doubt as to whether its compatible or not
    3. The exact same telly is available in Argos and nowhere does it state anything about Saorview although it does say its a freeview telly which is strange considering that Freeview is British and not Irish terrestrial tv

However you have bought the TV so you are in a good postion to tell us whether you can receive the Saorview channels or not.

Not arrived yet but from above you are guessing. You stated it was not compatible but you are just reading the description and surmising. Thought from your definitive first statement that you were certain of what you were saying.

Its Amazon so its aimed at the UK hence the Freeview label and no mention of Saorview. Sony make standard models for UK and Ireland (and across Europe) so there is no concern. It will be 100% compatible.

Also that Telly was Argos Ireland's number 1 Black Friday offer. So there should be lots of people who can verify if they have been screwed over by Argos and Sony.

Some guy in a review cant pick up RTE on the telly....even if it wasnt Saorview compatible he could do this....think he needs to get his aerial checked..

• Advertisement

If the model number of a telly isnt listed on the Saorview website, well thats good enough for me.

Based on what I have read I wouldnt have bought that tv if I wanted to view the Saorview channels but I do hope Im wrong in this instance and your telly works out good for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I saw a sign in tesco maynooth on Saturday for a blaupunkt 50" for less than 400.

I've seen the 42" version they sell and the picture is fairly decent.

If the model number of a telly isnt listed on the Saorview website, well thats good enough for me.

Based on what I have read I wouldnt have bought that tv if I wanted to view the Saorview channels but I do hope Im wrong in this instance and your telly works out good for you :)

Good for you then. Keep watching that website.

Advertisement