Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

W123 7 seater - belt replacement for 3rd row seats (rear facing)

Options
  • 30-11-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Hi W123 owners/fans,

Quick one for you: how easy or difficult is it to source/replace belts for the 2 seats in the boot on a W123 Station Wagon 7 seater? I'm looking at one with a view to buy it, but previous owners have CUT the belts off. Wondering if it's fixable and if so how much would that set me back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pmg007

Hi Muffins,
    I have three estates dismantled. One is a seven seater. I will see if the belts are in it tomorrow. Its just a matter of unbolting the remains of your cut belts and bolting in good replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Thanks a million, that's brill. I'll send you a pm with my details.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭El Kabong!

I once fitted 3rd row seats and belts to a W124. I bought a car without them, but it came with all the parts from another car.

Anyway, it was relatively easy, BUT on one side, it was a PITA to get the belt reel etc up inside the wing and into position. The sunroof motor was in the way.

TBH I can't quite remember the sequence of steps but I was surprised when I managed to get it in without removing certain things (which would have been annoying) and I got it all working.... but I had put two dimples in the rear wing. Nothing major, but annoying.

Advertisement