Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gripe water and prematurity.

Options
  • 30-11-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Since Thursday I've been giving my 8 week old (1 corrected) gripe water. The bottle says not suitable for babies less than 1 month, so wondering if I should be going by his corrected age? He's not like premmie baby he weighs 5kg which is average for a 2 month old and in the 97 percentile for his adjusted age. But I kind of feel like maybe it's causing him more distress as he is passing a lot more wind but it's hurting him more. But have been told that if that's the case it's working.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I checked this out a few months ago, it the corrective age you need to go by

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Please talk to a pharmacist/PHN/Doctor or other medical professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement