Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ludosport LightSaber Combat Academy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shane McMunn

I can't post a link so just search for "jedi gym" on you tube :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Hi check this documentary on Ludosport ,Italys Lightsaber combat academy out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWO49R-F1yQ

It's lightsaber combat simulation, medium contact with custom made polycarbonate lightsabers.
    An Irish branch has just opened in Dublin. Check out their facebookpage for more info.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/LudoSport-Ireland-Lightsaber-Combat-Academy/1503210149895919

Kendo with Toy Lightsabers?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tonybodhran

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Kendo with Toy Lightsabers?

Some people like to pretend they are ninjas or samurai with wooden swords, why not Jedi with pretend light sabers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Some people like to pretend they are ninjas or samurai with wooden swords, why not Jedi with pretend light sabers. :)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking it by any means. It looks like fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

Its a highly effective and practical martial art for when you are about in down town Tattooine!

Its just that nowadays some lads have abandoned alive and fully resistant training and have come up with this empty-force-push nonsense. Some claim to be able to channel their life-force energy like lightening, or absorb attacks from Blasters but they have never set foot in the Rancor Pit to test it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭cletus

Its a highly effective and practical martial art for when you are about in down town Tattooine!

Its just that nowadays some lads have abandoned alive and fully resistant training and have come up with this empty-force-push nonsense. Some claim to be able to channel their life-force energy like lightening, or absorb attacks from Blasters but they have never set foot in the Rancor Pit to test it out!

See what you did there, I have

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tonybodhran

It is a lot of fun and a good work out too. I used to do fencing years ago,it's quite similar and just as tiring, but you can't help giggling when you first turn the light saber on and start sparring. :)

Advertisement