Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer SPH-120DA(CarPlay) worth it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I thought about those until I saw the price. Plenty of videos of CarPlay on YouTube, and it looks great if Siri can understand you all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Zcott wrote: »
    I thought about those until I saw the price. Plenty of videos of CarPlay on YouTube, and it looks great if Siri can understand you all the time.

Yeah, it's €420 in halfords, but a car kit would e €300 anyway du being able to have music would be handy. Siri would be dodgy while in a car

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I've rarely had a problem with Siri maybe the first few months for sure but in the last two years she been grand.

Kagawa wrote: »
    Yeah, it's €420 in halfords, but a car kit would e €300 anyway du being able to have music would be handy. Siri would be dodgy while in a car

My car kit cost €180 fitted, and it has Siri. Works grand, it's a Bury 9048.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Where did you buy that?

• Advertisement

It was a guy out in Dundalk that fits them and I got his number through a Civic forum. It's a fairly basic one but plays music and does calls, and they're usually around that price fitted.

Thanks, That one looks really neat and I'd want one with multipoint as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have a Parrot CK3100.
    Basic, but Siri works, no music streaming though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

guil wrote: »
    Thanks, That one looks really neat and I'd want one with multipoint as well.

The bury has milti point.

bop1977 wrote: »
    The bury has milti point.

I know, that's why I asked about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

how are these different to my Blu tooth system on my Avensis ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

It's a screen that projects a version of your phone on it, and it's all controlled by Siri. Have a read:

https://www.apple.com/uk/ios/carplay/

I've got the pioneer head unit, I've ordered the cables and fascia on Amazon, won't be able to put it in until they arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

That is very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

does the normal radio work on it? i cant also find the whole unit's dimensions. anyone any ideas on this?

Spipov wrote: »
    does the normal radio work on it? i cant also find the whole unit's dimensions. anyone any ideas on this?

What do you mean by normal radio, fm/am?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I guess, does fm/am still exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

well thats what im asking, i dont want to be streaming a radio when it should be there. i do still listen to normal radio, im that old!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Spipov wrote: »

Yes, according to the specification tab. FM and AM presets, RDS etc

How are you getting on with carplay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Manutd86

I bought this today, and am having a problem.

The lightening cable is charging my iPhone 6 , but no apps are appearing on screen.

The device is being found on bluetooth, so I can play music, and make and receive phone calls, but no apps are coming up.

Can anyone shed any light please?

Manutd86 wrote: »
    I bought this today, and am having a problem.

The lightening cable is charging my iPhone 6 , but no apps are appearing on screen.

The device is being found on bluetooth, so I can play music, and make and receive phone calls, but no apps are coming up.

Can anyone shed any light please?

Are you sure you have plugged in the iPhone connector cable into the correct USB port in the rear of the radio. Only one works with iPhone, the other if for usb drives

No.. it is charging though, so would that not then mean it is correct??

Manutd86 wrote: »
    No.. it is charging though, so would that not then mean it is correct??

No, not necessarily, I would swap the cables to be sure, I would think that's your problem

cool, will try that tomorrow, many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

I have this radio, you need to update the firmware to install CarPlay, go to http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/299/SPH-DA120/media.html put the file on a usb and install it on the radio. That should sort ya

Also make sure your phone is plugged into port 1

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carolluke1

turn siri on on ur iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Interested to know your thoughts a year down the line. The Pioneer model is still tempting me

Advertisement