Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys / PC World

Options
  • 30-11-2014 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

online Reservation - BEWARE! I ordered a laptop from PC World Carrickmines at 1am this morning. The confirmation email said I could collect today from 1 hour after opening time. When I arrived today after journey from hell with kids, they quoted me 250 euro more. I showed them the email which confirmed the price I had thought it was. Their answer was "as you know our prices are subject to change at any time". I don't really care about the laptop as I can get one anywhere, but it is unbelievable that they can be as obnoxious about this. There were no "apologies" or "I can understand where you are coming from" or even showing me where the terms state they can do this. They have seriously lost credibility in my eyes and I will never shop there again, and someone else will benefit in a big way soon because of this!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,450 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It says in the Ts & Cs ...

The final price you pay will be the price confirmed by the store on collection of your item(s).

So they were within their rights to refuse to honour the price when you showed up if there was a mistake on the website which seems to have been the case. If the price looked like it was too good to be true, you should have ordered it for home delivery i.e. paid for it there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bapc

I accept they don't have to sell at any advertised price under contract law but I am sure you would agree it makes a pharse of their book and collect facility. I question why they confirm your order by email which includes price when this is subject to final price on collection. Btw this is not stated on the order confirmation. Just a bad bad way to do business.

Advertisement