Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Good Chipper in Lucan?

Options
  • 30-11-2014 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I have tried a couple of chippers and have been completely let down. Now, I'm not expecting any gourmet **** but some standards are expected.

First chipper was along the Ballyowen Rd, I won't name it. After a tough day working on my house I decided to go to the chipper at 10pm. I was starvin so would have eaten a ferrets hole. Anyway, I got a batter sausage and a large curry chip. Curry chip tasted ok but there was nothin in the jaysus thing, few chips, a smidgen of sauce. The battered Sausage was tiny and soggy. Let down!

Second chipper is in Lucan village. I got a chips,curry chips, battered sausage and cheeseburger (for 2 ppl, I'm not a beast). Barely any chips and were soggy, sausage was reasonably big but dry as a Weetabix, cheeseburger....false advertising. Finally, the curry chip. Jesus lads, what the fruk is going on. Tasted awful...is that normal? no curry I ever tasted was like this. Any very little sauce. Help

Now I know they're only chippers but I'm still paying money any expect a feed that doesn't make me rage.

Anyone else have similar experience or even totally different experience?

And where can I find a good chipper?

Comments

Big Cheese wrote: »
    I have tried a couple of chippers and have been completely let down. Now, I'm not expecting any gourmet **** but some standards are expected.

First chipper was along the Ballyowen Rd, I won't name it. After a tough day working on my house I decided to go to the chipper at 10pm. I was starvin so would have eaten a ferrets hole. Anyway, I got a batter sausage and a large curry chip. Curry chip tasted ok but there was nothin in the jaysus thing, few chips, a smidgen of sauce. The battered Sausage was tiny and soggy. Let down!

Second chipper is in Lucan village. I got a chips,curry chips, battered sausage and cheeseburger (for 2 ppl, I'm not a beast). Barely any chips and were soggy, sausage was reasonably big but dry as a Weetabix, cheeseburger....false advertising. Finally, the curry chip. Jesus lads, what the fruk is going on. Tasted awful...is that normal? no curry I ever tasted was like this. Any very little sauce. Help

Now I know they're only chippers but I'm still paying money any expect a feed that doesn't make me rage.

Anyone else have similar experience or even totally different experience?

And where can I find a good chipper?

Guess you mean the one at the Spar Ballyown? I think it's the best of the lot but they don't deliver so have used the Roma in the village, not too impressed with them, Rosse Court, not really a chipper but decent enough. I have had a couple from 9th Lough and it's about as good as the one at Ballyown.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Regal fare beside eurospar is probably the best of a bad bunch. Grub is usually pretty good but the battered sausages are tiny as you pointed out.

The Roma has always been a bit hit and miss and the east end,my chipper of choice for years,went downhill after it was taken over by the Roma.

9th Lough has been a little hit and miss for me lately,it was usually top notch in the past. The Roma in palmerstown village is pretty good on the odd occasion I've used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

foreign wrote:
    Guess you mean the one at the Spar Ballyown? I think it's the best of the lot but they don't deliver so have used the Roma in the village, not too impressed with them, Rosse Court, not really a chipper but decent enough. I have had a couple from 9th Lough and it's about as good as the one at Ballyown.

Yeah thats the one. I've only been once and it wasn't the worst so might try it again. But not the Roma!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

lord lucan wrote:
    9th Lough has been a little hit and miss for me lately,it was usually top notch in the past. The Roma in palmerstown village is pretty good on the odd occasion I've used it.

foreign wrote:
    I have had a couple from 9th Lough and it's about as good as the one at Ballyown.

9th Lough? better check google for this. Never heard of the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

• Advertisement

Big Cheese wrote: »
    9th Lough? better check google for this. Never heard of the area.

It's on just eat for Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Used to live in Lucan years ago and the Roma was good back in the day...

Not been there in a long time so not sure about it now.

I'd rarely eat a chipper any more if at all but the 'East End' down in the village near the weir was good or at least was decent a while back

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/east-end-take-away-lucan

Probably shouldn't be reading this thread so late... getting peckish now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Roma is probably the best, but dont use them for delivery thru justeat.ie
    The one by ulster bank in village is not bad also.

Regal fare is just slow and average enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

lord lucan wrote: »
    Regal fare beside eurospar is probably the best of a bad bunch.

It's one, if not the, slowest chippers I've ever been in.
    They're always waiting for the chips to cook, as if it's a surprise that they'll be needing them.
    Granted it typically means they're "fresh chips", but in busy periods they should be planning ahead.

Food okay though, when they don't run out of chicken breasts now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

It's one, if not the, slowest chippers I've ever been in.
    They're always waiting for the chips to cook, as if it's a surprise that they'll be needing them.
    Granted it typically means they're "fresh chips", but in busy periods they should be planning ahead.

Food okay though, when they don't run out of chicken breasts now and again.

Always bugs me about the place too! The queues are out the door as a result. I like their food though but add my name to the list of disgruntled smal battered sausage purchasers. :p
    I tried the place across from ulster Bank recently and thought the chips weren't great. Haven't been in Roma since last Christmas funnily enough but always liked their stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Heroditas wrote: »
    Always bugs me about the place too! The queues are out the door as a result. I like their food though but add my name to the list of disgruntled smal battered sausage purchasers. :p
    I tried the place across from ulster Bank recently and thought the chips weren't great. Haven't been in Roma since last Christmas funnily enough but always liked their stuff.

You reminded me now of those batter sausages, thats another reason regal is crap!!

Was in roma last night, chip portions are tiny now but same price

Advertisement