Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid fuel bargains

Options
  • 30-11-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

The shop called Briarwood stores off the hartstown road has 3 x 40kg coal and bag of turf or logs for 56 euro.

Burning it right now and lovely heat out of it. It's the nugget type.

A bag on its own was 21 euro.

Feel free to add any more bargains. I won't be buying for a while. A half bucket does out stove for a night!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Briarwood stores?
    Saw this offer myself this week and was v tempted. Also nice to be keeping the local shops in business.
    I'll def order it now after such a positive review, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

brightkane wrote: »
    The shop called bramble field or bramble wood stores off the hartstown road has 3 x 40kg coal and bag of turf or logs for 56 euro.

Burning it right now and lovely heat out of it. It's the nugget type.

A bag on its own was 21 euro.

Feel free to add any more bargains. I won't be buying for a while. A half bucket does out stove for a night!

Can you give directions to the store? I am not local but will be in the area over the next day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Coming from, where?

From the shopping centre, pass the Drive Thru McDonalds on your left, straight through the roundabout, pass the Lidl on your left and it's the next left at the traffic light junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

January wrote: »
    Coming from, where?

From the shopping centre, pass the Drive Thru McDonalds on your left, straight through the roundabout, pass the Lidl on your left and it's the next left at the traffic light junction.

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Thanks for that!

Anyone get any? Mine is going a bomb!

• Advertisement

Yeah, still not thru first bag, its a good deal alright.
    I thought delivery locally was free, but was charged a fiver for it, but its still not a bad deal. The coal lasts a good long time on the fire,
    Bought a small bag of coal in Aldi last week and it lasted an evening @ 5.99.

Spar have firedogs on special atm, 4 spar fire logs for a fiver, one cut in half (but still light the paper - leave the paper on ) starts a coal fire pretty quick. It's going to the minuses tonight folks. Lucky us with our fires, eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

If any of you have a van and want a decent pile of timber, give me a shout. Once it's all cut up, it'll give you a good few weeks of heat. We worked on dressing rooms the last few months and theses are off cuts. Available to be picked up in D15.

If any of you have a van and want a decent pile of timber, give me a shout. Once it's all cut up, it'll give you a good few weeks of heat. We worked on dressing rooms the last few months and theses are off cuts. Available to be picked up in D15.

I didn't even know they delivered. I manhandled the bags into the boot and destroyed myself on the way to the centre! Didn't plan it well.!

Cheers chuck. Only have the boot unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Got this deal on the weekend, thanks OP - seems like good coal. They deliver for €5 if you need that. The bag of wood was around 30% moisture which is about normal for basic logs, will need to leave by the fire for a few days before burning them.

• Advertisement

Just to agree with the point about the logs, they are a tad damp, id get the briquettes next time. But the coal is excellent, stays burning all night. Used 2 bags in 12 days, and about 5 of these days the fire was on 24/7.

I haven't used a lot of my logs truth be told. Stove only gos on at 7 when the baby gos to bed.

That ni coal and delivery might be an idea to check out. If a few of us clubbed together. Get it delivered to one house and the rest collect there. Just an idea

bumping this old one.

Had a tonne delivered from the north a while ago and it ran out today, what timing.

Where and what and what price are people getting these days?

Cheers

Advertisement