Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

washing machine spares - Limerick

• 30-11-2014 9:53pm
    Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭

Damn washing machine acting the maggot, Door won't lock so need a spare part.
    Going to pop in to John Ryan's on Gerald Griffin St, anyone know of anywhere else in case he doesn't have what I need?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Damn washing machine acting the maggot, Door won't lock so need a spare part.
    Going to pop in to John Ryan's on Gerald Griffin St, anyone know of anywhere else in case he doesn't have what I need?

Rang him for a water pump... Nearly 40 quid. Bought one on eBay for 12.

eBay for the win

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Hooked wrote: »
    Rang him for a water pump... Nearly 40 quid. Bought one on eBay for 12.

eBay for the win

True, can get one on ebay cheap enough or from hotpoint for stupid money, but could do with the machine working again fairly soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Another fan of ebay, he was looking €40 for replacement tray wheels for a dishwasher, less than €10 on ebay

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

This turned in to a bit of a saga. John Ryan's stockist didn't have the part, so I ordered it directly from Hotpoint/Indesit, who charged me >€50 for express delivery, which took 4 days! Then they sent me the wrong part :mad:

Went back up to John Ryan's and he had got the part in, only cost €30 (less than most online stores). Lesson for me, should've stuck with the local guy in the first place!

Advertisement