Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snowboard equipment hire

Options
  • 30-11-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I would like to rent a snowboard and boots in Dublin.
    Is there anybody who already rented or just know where can I do?

Thank You
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

szelpal wrote: »
    Hi,

I would like to rent a snowboard and boots in Dublin.
    Is there anybody who already rented or just know where can I do?

Thank You

?? Can I ask why? Both of the places where you can use them in Dublin provide them, Baring major snowfall and good local knowledge you won't have many other oops to use one

• Registered Users Posts: 8 szelpal

I`m going to France in Jan, and I don`t want to buy yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

szelpal wrote: »
    I`m going to France in Jan, and I don`t want to buy yet. :)

Rent at the resort. Means you don't have to carry any extra luggage

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

Rent in the resort - its a no brainer.

Even if there were options for renting in Dublin (which there aren't unless I'm proven wrong) then you'll be paying double the price as you'll have to transport the gear to the resort - most airlines charge for sports equipment (Swiss Air are free) along with needing to get a ski/board bag to protect the rental gear in the plane.

Every resort allows you to get a discounted package if you prebook (with lift passes / package deal). check out their website and shop around online with the different Ski Shops in the resort.

Where in France are you going?

Yes, 95% sure that I will rent there. Just I have to make sure there is an option like this.
    The place name is Puy-St. Vincent. Do You know that place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I think it's pretty safe to say that you won't be able to rent in Dublin, since there is really no market for it. I could be wrong and you could check places like the Great Outdoors, etc . . . but I wouldn't hold out any hope.

Assuming that Puy-St. Vincent is a snow resort (since you are going there to board) then your chances of renting there or somewhere nearby are infinitely higher.

z

[edit] Google maps, Puy St Vincent, street view - there's a ski rental place on the main street. Unless they are some sort of ski-snobs they will presumably also do boards

Thanks for the answers all. ;)

Advertisement