Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus arrival display signs

• 30-11-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭

What an utter waste of money. None of them work.When they were first installed I thought it was a case of teething problems but theyre still broken. They often display the same time for 10 mins or the arrival time even goes up. People take zero notice of them.

Disgraceful waste of public funding IMO.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

magma69 wrote: »
    What an utter waste of money. None of them work.When they were first installed I thought it was a case of teething problems but theyre still broken. They often display the same time for 10 mins or the arrival time even goes up. People take zero notice of them.

Disgraceful waste of public funding IMO.

Haven't had any problems with them recently..
    With both 302 and 304 I've found them to be absolute spot on for about 3 months.now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The ones in town aren't great because it tells when the bus arrives but it could be another 15 minutes before it leaves again. The ones outside the centre are reliable enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sineadbutler

Those arrival display signs are really unreliable, sometimes they are spot on, more often than not however they are no use. The arrival sign at the side of Debenhams doesn't even show the 301 half the time, just shows four 304 buses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

If you are ever at the Kilmurray stop on a busy evening you will (not) see the marvel of the great disappearing buses. Every time a bus is 6 minutes away, it suddenly jumps backs to 7 minutes away, then dissapears completely. Wait 15 minutes for the next bus to get 6 minutes away and the same scenario happens again, over and over with each bus. That's happened to me quite a few times, especially in bad weather.

Turns out the bus is leaving UL and heading straight to town instead of bothering with the last loop of Castletroy. I can't imagine how people who rely on the 304 to get them home from that area every evening cope.

Advertisement