Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego pressie for 31 year old manchild?

Options
  • 30-11-2014 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

New husband has been dropping hints that he'd like some kind of Lego for this Christmas present this year. Have been in shops for a look but huge selection.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

heldel00 wrote: »
    New husband has been dropping hints that he'd like some kind of Lego for this Christmas present this year. Have been in shops for a look but huge selection.
    Any ideas?

I'd say technic would be the best range as its most adult. But there are some movie sets
    about that may be of interest such as the Ghostbuster Car or Delorean from back to the future.

What kinds of things is he into and what's your budget?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

He's a beginner Legohead so open to options. Works with his hands and is quite handy at making things so maybe something like one of the cars would be good. Budget between 50-75 eur as I have got him a few other bits already. Thanks for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

He's a beginner Legohead so open to options. Works with his hands and is quite handy at making things so maybe something like one of the cars would be good. Budget between 50-75 eur as I have got him a few other bits already. Thanks for replying.

If he is into Star Wars at all, this is a great set, the AT-AP Walker (75043). It's right in your price range at. €60-€75, seems to have quite a bit of a challenge to it too. Ill be getting it myself and most reviews I've watched highly rate this set. My post count is too low to post links, but Smyth have it advertised at €75, but in store they had it on offer at €60 a week or two ago.

This is the upper end of your budget but it's one of my favourite sets that is out at the moment and it's the one I'd like to get http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-bricks/c-777/lego-technic/p-5225/lego-technic-container-truck-42024/

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

I'm similar in age and if I had a choice I would get the lego movie SPACESHIP,it's based off the old lego space sets,it's a must have

• Advertisement

Mtt_swny he not into Star Wars at all but have to say the diggery lookin ones or the truck would be ideal.
    Right so wish me luck that I don't get trampled on by crazies in smyth's some evening! Thanks again folks

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Mtt_swny he not into Star Wars at all but have to say the diggery lookin ones or the truck would be ideal.
    Right so wish me luck that I don't get trampled on by crazies in smyth's some evening! Thanks again folks

Fair enough, my inner man child assumes everyone thinks Star Wars is the mutts nuts!! Glad you got some helpful pointers here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

My sister gave me the ghostbusters car and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Ghostbusters car is on sale in Argos for like €15 off. I think its around the €38 mark

Brilliant gubbie. Thank you

• Advertisement

Brilliant gubbie. Thank you
    To save you a wasted trip it's out of stock in Argos. http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=270/5585

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

To save you a wasted trip it's out of stock in Argos. http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=270/5585

Think it's about €55 in Forbidden Planet on Eden Quay. They had a fair few a couple of days ago.

Advertisement