Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising Question

Options
  • 01-12-2014 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi I'm a student videographer trying to build up a portfolio, I'm interested in shooting a wedding video I'm just wondering am I allowed to post a request for couples to contact me about this in a weddings thread or does that count as advertising?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

will it be free

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MichaelV

I'll want my expenses covered, it isn't cheap to make a wedding video so it won't be free

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As is clearly posted in the weddings forum, no advertising of any kind is tolerated there. But they do allow for a sticky with lists of wedding photographers. So ask the mods if they'll allow you to be listed on there.

I know it's stated but I saw this thread /showthread.php?p=89576244 and I was wondering how I can get permission to post a thread like this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I know it's stated but I saw this thread /showthread.php?p=89576244 and I was wondering how I can get permission to post a thread like this

That thread got locked because advertising isn't allowed.

• Advertisement

It says it got locked because he changed from a student looking for experience to a production company?

It says it got locked because he changed from a student looking for experience to a production company?

So the focus here is on the non-commercial activity for the sake of a student portfolio. You'll need to ask the weddings mods if that's enough to make a difference.

Advertisement