Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights on windows keep falling down! Slippy lil suckers!

Options
  • 01-12-2014 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

As in the suckers that came with the lights keep slipping off my window!

So every half hour or so I hear another clatter and a snowman or a string of lights falls off one of my windows.

So what are you doing to keep your lights up?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

As in the suckers that came with the lights keep slipping off my window!

So every half hour or so I hear another clatter and a snowman or a string of lights falls off one of my windows.

So what are you doing to keep your lights up?

Last year we used suction cup hooks but they're no good this year. So this year we're using clear tape. Strong and reinforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Ah the never ending yearly Christmas struggle sent to test us all :mad: Thumb tacks, blu tac, sellotape, cable clips, cable ties, nails, sucky things, cable organisers, repositionable hooks, frame hangers, gutter hooks, garland velcro, twine, wool, fishing line (or cat gut as its called in my house). I have tried it all. The only answer I have come up with us that these decorations all have a life of their own, and they will just decide if they want to stay up or if they want to torment us every Christmas by just randomly falling down when ever they feel like it. Sorry I can’t offer a genuine solution but as you can see I am faced with the same problem every Christmas. :(

Advertisement