Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red squadron minifigure availability

Options
  • 01-12-2014 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

After I couldn't get my hands on the UCS Tumbler before the end of the year, I've made the choice to go with the UCS Red 5 X Wing, looks like a cool set to put together, especially as it's the first one I'll have done in years (big lego and star wars fan as a nipper).

Only gripe I have with the set is the disappointing absence of a pilot minifigure, like Luke Skywalker or Porkins etc...
    Anyone have any ideas where I might track one down handy enough, or just a good source for star wars minifigure in general? I'd kind of like to put one with the completed X wing for the overall look of the set!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

www.bricklink.com for minifigures, or eBay. I did see a Tumbler on Adverts.ie yesterday though...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

[quote="Necronomicon;93259160" bricklink for minifigures, or eBay. I did see a Tumbler on Advertsyesterday though...[/quote]

Thanks a lot I'll check it out. Yeah someone else put me wide to that one on Adverts too, I'll probably go for it through the lego shop in the new year, this will be the set for the time being. Thanks again for the link

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Just built the UCS X-Wing last week. Fantastic set!

ktulu123 wrote: »

Cool, it definitely looks like it! Hopefully there's a bit of a challenge to it; be g the first set I've done since I was a kid, I'm sure there will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

ktulu123 wrote: »

How did you get on with the sticker over the cockpit screen. Was it hard to get right?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It was an absolute bollox! :P Managed to get it on in the end. I did get two sets of cockpit stickers in the box though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Stickers on a €200 set is unforgiveable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Stickers on a €200 set is unforgiveable.

I'd love to know the price difference between printing and stickers

From what I've seen this was a bad call not to print the cockpit window details alright. I saw one video where the lad making it had the idea to remove half the backing of the stickers only, get the still backed part perfectly aligned first, then press the exposed portion of the sticker into place, no bibles whatsoever and no dodgy line up. 100% agree though, on a big set a printed piece would have been a whole lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

What would it look like without the sticker. I've my set at home waiting to be made but it will be a few months before I have the room to put it together.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
Advertisement