Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3rd Provisional Question

• 01-12-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All

am hoping someone can give me a straight answer as I just seem to be going round in circles on the NDLS site and FAQs

I need to apply for another 3rd provisional, I have done a test recently and have proof of this. I have already been to the NDLS centre ( last year) and have a licence id card but mine is up in Dec 2014. How do I go about getting a new one?

thanks

Noel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

If you failed a test they'll issue you a 3rd LP valid for 2 years OP. Just bring the Certificate of failure with you when applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Oh thanks Faith- so do I just go back into the NDLS centre then or do I need to fill out an application and send this off with the cert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Oh thanks Faith- so do I just go back into the NDLS centre then or do I need to fill out an application and send this off with the cert?

If you were in with them before then you can post in your application form. Id make a copy of the Cert of failure though.

I'll do that, thanks Faith

Just had my application sent back saying they don't accept postal applications even though it has in the back of the form that they sent me out...who knows...

Postal applications
    Postal applications will be accepted by the National Driver Licence Service from early 2014. This will only apply if you have already had an application for a driving licence and/or learner permit accepted by an NDLS centre on or after 29 October 2013 and had your identity validated at the time.
    If submitting a postal application to renew or replace your
    licence and your image on your licence is more than five years
    old or you wish to submit alternative photographs, you may do so. The photographs must meet the quality requirements set out on www.ndls.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

The postal service isn't operational yet. You are safer simply going to your local office. Most are empty at this time of year.
    Just had my application sent back saying they don't accept postal applications even though it has in the back of the form that they sent me out...who knows...

Postal applications
    Postal applications will be accepted by the National Driver Licence Service from early 2014. This will only apply if you have already had an application for a driving licence and/or learner permit accepted by an NDLS centre on or after 29 October 2013 and had your identity validated at the time.
    If submitting a postal application to renew or replace your
    licence and your image on your licence is more than five years
    old or you wish to submit alternative photographs, you may do so. The photographs must meet the quality requirements set out on www.ndls.ie

Vologda69 wrote: »
    The postal service isn't operational yet. You are safer simply going to your local office. Most are empty at this time of year.

great, will take time off and drive 40 miles to my local office and do the same thing I did last year because they are not ready to take these by post.

The local office will just send my data off to same office that will eventually process the postal applications anyhow I presume and I'll have to wait two weeks...at least it's been more of a success than Irish water I suppose, thanks

Advertisement