Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

BAttery replacement

• 01-12-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro 13 inch bought just under a year ago and woke up to a knackered battery.

Is there anywhere in Dublin that Apple will replace this because it seems a bit shoddy? I bought it in Edinburgh Airport.

Am I right in thinking there is no official Apple Store as such in ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭hometruths

I should mention the cycle count is only 192

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Same thing happened me last month and Apple arranged for a replacement in CompuB.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭hometruths

Have spoken to Apple now, unfortunately as warranty ran out on the 27th November, 4 days ago, its not covered.

Even more annoyingly problem occurred before the 27th but because only got round to mentioning it to them today its viewed as out of warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Worth pushing it a little.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

schmittel wrote: »
    Have spoken to Apple now, unfortunately as warranty ran out on the 27th November, 4 days ago, its not covered.

Even more annoyingly problem occurred before the 27th but because only got round to mentioning it to them today its viewed as out of warranty.

Start looking up the Sale of Goods Act in the UK, with a view to taking the seller to court. They cannot just wash their hands of it with their warranty nonsense

• Advertisement
Advertisement