Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching calls and broadband from Eircom.

Options
  • 01-12-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

After years of haphazzard service from Eircom, we have finally given up and are switching broadband and calls over to SKY (for better or worse). SKY gave us a switchover date of Dec 3rd, the Eircom broadband stopped working last Saturday 29th Nov. Called SKY to see if it had been changed over early, no it hadn't. Called Eircom who said there was a major fault on the line and they'd send an engineer out.

Engineer arrived this morning at 9.30, couldn't find a fault so checked with the exchange who said our line has been switched off as we are changing to SKY. Rang SKY who said that they have no record of the line being given to them and the only news he could give us was that Eircom had now informed them that the changeover will not now take place until Friday the 5th Dec. meaning my daughter who is studying for 3rd year college exams has no internet access.

Eircom say they can't switch us back on without us signing another 12 month contract!! 

Eircom, this kind of carry-on is surely illegal? Please help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ado100 wrote: »
    After years of haphazzard service from Eircom, we have finally given up and are switching broadband and calls over to SKY (for better or worse). SKY gave us a switchover date of Dec 3rd, the Eircom broadband stopped working last Saturday 29th Nov. Called SKY to see if it had been changed over early, no it hadn't. Called Eircom who said there was a major fault on the line and they'd send an engineer out.

Engineer arrived this morning at 9.30, couldn't find a fault so checked with the exchange who said our line has been switched off as we are changing to SKY. Rang SKY who said that they have no record of the line being given to them and the only news he could give us was that Eircom had now informed them that the changeover will not now take place until Friday the 5th Dec. meaning my daughter who is studying for 3rd year college exams has no internet access.

Eircom say they can't switch us back on without us signing another 12 month contract!! 

Eircom, this kind of carry-on is surely illegal? Please help.
    Hi ado100

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this for you. Can you please confirm by what method did you give eircom notice to cancel services.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

PM sent yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ado100 wrote: »
    PM sent yesterday.
    Hi ado100

I've looked in to this and I can confirm that your line is indeed still active with eircom and eligable for take over by another provider. There is also an order completed which shows that another provider has already taken over your broadband (or number is 7289312CH) - order was placed on the 28/11 and completed 1/12.

There are no restrictions in place ado100

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

Alan,

I appreciate you getting back to me but the bottom line is that this is no help at all.

Eircom stopped providing the broadband service that I'm paying for a full week before the changeover date, it is completely incorrect to say that the other provider has already taken over my broadband, you know full well that they can't touch it until the changeover date of the 5th December. So this week the broadband remains unusable in a state of limbo, which can only be seen as a cynical move by Eircom designed to cause the maximum upset.

My only course of action is to submit a complaint to the Communications Regulator, which I know full well will make no difference whatsoever, meanwhile Eircom will continue to treat their customers with their usual contempt!

Advertisement