Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charge for change in details?

Options
  • 01-12-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

How come Liberty ins charge customer to change policy? I was charged almost€60 to switch over my insurance when i changed my vehicle. My brother changed his vehicle recently and his insurance company just switched over with no charge,how can that be?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Hi Triboro,

When completing a change of vehicle on your policy there may be a charge depending on a number of risk factors including the make and model of the vehicle, engine size or modifications and the length of time remaining on the policy.

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif] [/font]

We appreciate your brother was not charged by his insurance company but quotes will vary for every individual and we are unable to make a comparison with someone else’s policy.

Regards

Una
    Triboro wrote: »
    How come Liberty ins charge customer to change policy? I was charged almost€60 to switch over my insurance when i changed my vehicle. My brother changed his vehicle recently and his insurance company just switched over with no charge,how can that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Does that mean there are instances where the charge does not apply? As a customer of Quinn/Liberty for past 12 years with no claims and insuring a vehicle very similar to the existing the risk factors you speak of are minimal. If the same policy is available with other insurers without these extra charges it wouldn't make any sense to stay a Liberty customer!

[font=Garamond", "serif]Hi Triboro,[/font]
    [font=Garamond", "serif]Yes there are instances where a charge may not apply. [/font][font=Garamond", "serif]We value all our customers and try to offer the best price possible.[/font]
    [font=Garamond", "serif]Would you like to PM me your details so I can take a look at your policy?[/font]
    [font=Garamond", "serif]Regards[/font]
    [font=Garamond", "serif]Una[/font]

Does that mean there are instances where the charge does not apply?  As a customer of Quinn/Liberty for past 12 years with no claims and insuring a vehicle very similar to the existing the risk factors you speak of are minimal. If the same policy is available with other insurers without these extra charges it wouldn't make any sense to stay a Liberty customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

[font=Garamond", "serif]Hi Triboro,[/font]
    [font=Garamond", "serif]Yes there are instances where a charge may not apply. [/font][font=Garamond", "serif]We value all our customers and try to offer the best price possible.[/font]
    [font=Garamond", "serif]Would you like to PM me your details so I can take a look at your policy?[/font]
    [font=Garamond", "serif]Regards[/font]
    [font=Garamond", "serif]Una[/font]

No thanks, I wont be posting my info online. My current policy runs till July so I will not be renewing with Liberty in light of the information provided here.I think if you did value your customers this wouldn't happen.

Hi Triboro,
    A PM is a private message which isnt posted on this thread.
    If you send me your policy number by private message I can take look at your policy for you.
    Regards
    Una
    Hi Triboro,
    Yes there are instances where a charge may not apply. We value all our customers and try to offer the best price possible.
    Would you like to PM me your details so I can take a look at your policy?
    Regards
    Una

No thanks, I wont be posting my info online. My current policy runs till July so I will not be renewing with Liberty in light of the information provided here.I think if you did value your customers this wouldn't happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement