Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SANTA STRIKE FORCE 2014! PLEASE DONATE AND SHARE!!!! :)

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

From next month O2 money cards are changing to 3 money. It'll go from €0 fees to €1.25 unless you top up by €60 per month. I'll be getting rid of mine and had a small balance of under €1. Rather than let it get swallowed up I donated to SSF. If your thinking of getting rid of your card and have a small balance donate to SSF. Every little helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Could a recommend a group for a donation?

The group is 'YOU'RE NOT ALONE', they're not a registered charity but work right next to Central Bank every Tues, Fri & Sun. They feed the homeless with hot food and drinks, give them clothes that have been donated etc

They rely entirely on donations, somebody donated 100Euro last week, with this they bought loads of underwear/socks/deodarant/wipes etc

My wife now volunteers for them and some of the stories are really heartbreaking.

If you need a contact name/number for one of the main helpers/fundraisers then just ask

Here is a link to their FB page

https://www.facebook.com/Youre-Not-Alone-571830926253021/timeline/

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

the problem with that is that we have requirements that we buy life improvement equipment for kids and we also need the charity to be registered and have a premises :(

For homesless kids and kids in danger we have been working with the Don Bosco houses network who are really good and give long term support. We're also almost out of cash this year but its heading towards xmas I guess (ngggh... what happened to summer?! >.< )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

DeVore wrote: »
    the problem with that is that we have requirements that we buy life improvement equipment for kids and we also need the charity to be registered and have a premises :(

For homesless kids and kids in danger we have been working with the Don Bosco houses network who are really good and give long term support. We're also almost out of cash this year but its heading towards xmas I guess (ngggh... what happened to summer?! >.< )

As someone who knows someone that is being taken care of by Don Bosco's, thank you.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Speaking of our weird and wonderful projects, I think I *might* have something to show you all in a few weeks. Sorry to be vague but I need to pull together a few things at the same time.
    I think I can safely say that from all the projects we've done, this might be the one that I've gotten the most satisfaction from :)
    Apologies not to say more but I'm too excited not to tell someone but I want to show you it when we have something to show!

I have literally been giggling to myself about it since I got involved with this group :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

DeVore wrote: »
    I want to show you it when we have something to show!
    Thought we'd done away with all this "flashing" malarkey :pac:

Flash is a DC character... this is more a Marvel thing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Beasty wrote: »
    Thought we'd done away with all this "flashing" malarkey :pac:

Had to thank that....it just hit my funny bone :D

Advertisement