Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVANT who took over MBNA causing anyone else problems

Options
  • 01-12-2014 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

So here is my problem, I had a loan with MBNA which finished Feb 2013.
    All of my payments were up to date and never missed and always paid on time this was a 30K loan so by all means I had great credit history.
    I received a letter from Avant in Jan 2013 advising me they took over MBNA and I was to send my last payment to a new bank account and they gave me the details which I did. Letter arrived in the post Nov 2013 thanking me for my business and telling me the loan was up to date and clear with a zero balance.

I ran an ICB report on myself in Dec 2013 only to see the last payment was marked down as " Transferred to another party " but that the loan was clear and at a zero balance, this set alarm bells ringing I rang Avant to ask them to amend the report only to be told not to worry the banks know that means MBNA transferred over your loan balance to Avant and you paid it only now I am in the process of getting a mortgage and it has been flagged up by the broker that the banks commented it looks like I have bad credit history.
    I have contacted Avant and requested they amend the ICB report asap as it is delaying me being approved for a mortgage.

Has anyone else had this problem and how long does it take for the ICB to amend the records? I told Avant it needed to be done straight away and they said they would be I am a little worried now. Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

The first thing to do is ring ICB, quote the reference number from your report & ask if it's been amended. They will probably offer to send you a new one showing the correct/amended details.

They would normally act more or less straight away on any info sent to them by financial institutions. If they haven't received anything from Avant you'll have to get back on to them (Avant). Hound them daily if necessary & it's best to try to speak to a manager/supervisor who has the authority to do what you need rather than speaking to a first line agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭TrishSimon

The first thing to do is ring ICB, quote the reference number from your report & ask if it's been amended. They will probably offer to send you a new one showing the correct/amended details.

They would normally act more or less straight away on any info sent to them by financial institutions. If they haven't received anything from Avant you'll have to get back on to them (Avant). Hound them daily if necessary & it's best to try to speak to a manager/supervisor who has the authority to do what you need rather than speaking to a first line agent.

Thanks for that information, I hope to receive my ICB report today so I will get onto them tomorrow to see have Avant been in touch. I had a feeling this would happen no matter how much they tried to assure me it wouldn't.
    Brokers said the banks are not interested in investigating why an ICB report says that so its best to get it all sorted as I generally have a great credit rating and so does my husband.

Cheers !

Advertisement