Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 01/12/2014 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Boring and dull Raw. Avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Man am I glad I took the option of sleeping instead.

WWE always sinks to its lowest levels this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So we now have

The Big Guy
    The Big Red Machine
    The Big Show
    And now Big Red?

Very creative lads, Raw was muck this week!!

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Man am I glad I took the option of sleeping instead.

WWE always sinks to its lowest levels this time of year.

If you haven't watched the Austin Podcast yet check out how he asks Vince about what Vince thought of tonight's Raw. Steve couldn't hide his disdain/boredom for the episode in asking. Austin is easily excitable for a great matches and shows. He has no veteran Wrestler "don't put anything over" pretensions.

rovert wrote: »
    If you haven't watched the Austin Podcast yet check out how he asks Vince about what Vince thought of tonight's Raw. Steve couldn't hide his disdain/boredom for the episode in asking. Austin is easily excitable for a great matches and shows. He has no veteran Wrestler "don't put anything over" pretensions.

I read the summary, he didn't sound impressed.

Hopefully he had a long word with Vince after and Austin is the one guy who Vince might listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Terrible Raw, but Dean Ambrose is still immense despite being limited to post-R Truth match appearances and the likes for the last 2 months.

Characterwise Rowen is now the new face Mankind and I love it

FWIW, the Miz has been just as entertaining as Mizdow of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Cena (No. 1 contender for world title) faces Rollins (MITB winner) at TLC for the No. 1 contender spot is this correct?

Hopefully Lesnar and/or Orton return to interfere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The way I took it up was that if John Cena loses another number 1 contender will be named, not necessarily Seth Rollins. However, I could have misinterpreted it as I was exhausted and uninterested.

The way I took it up was that if John Cena loses another number 1 contender will be named, not necessarily Seth Rollins. However, I could have misinterpreted it as I was exhausted and uninterested.

How is Cena No . 1 contender again or is it his rematch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Cena beat Orton in Hell in a Cell for the no. 1 contender match. His title rematch was Night of Champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ageyev wrote: »
    Cena beat Orton in Hell in a Cell for the no. 1 contender match. His title rematch was Night of Champions.

....which is a match he was put in after losing to Dean Ambrose. Literally makes no sense. The losing guy was the one who received a shot at becoming No. 1 contender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Omackeral wrote: »
    ....which is a match he was put in after losing to Dean Ambrose. Literally makes no sense. The losing guy was the one who received a shot at becoming No. 1 contender.

Totally but Cena is grabbing at the brass ring goddammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ageyev wrote: »
    Totally but Cena is grabbing at the brass ring goddammit!

That young upstart!

Hopefully he had a long word with Vince after and Austin is the one guy who Vince might listen to.

NuRZfSX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭briany

Triple H doesn't need to be made angrier right now by suggesting Vince would take SC's words over his. His temple vein has probably already bulged to the size of Punk's back growth.

So Ziggler's "push" is halted again, what did he say this time :p

I'd prefer Ziggler vs. Rollins in a ladder match at TLC for his MITB contract

So Ziggler's "push" is halted again, what did he say this time :p

I'd prefer Ziggler vs. Rollins in a ladder match at TLC for his MITB contract
    Didn't Ziggler get the win?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Here's the thing wouldn't Seth want Cena to be the number 1 contender.

Have Cena wrestle Brock for ever how long then cash in the money in the bank on the winner and the one who is tired.

Why would Seth want to be the number one contender and face a fresh champion.

won't ever get to that but... Bayte lumps out of Brock with say a chair or some other weapon like a steel pipe, get DQd as a result but who gives a fup your Mr MITB, cash in and win the title!

CSF wrote: »
    Didn't Ziggler get the win?

But has Ziggler not got Harper now at TLC for IC title

• Advertisement

The Bellas explain their reunion on the App:

But has Ziggler not got Harper now at TLC for IC title
    He has. But this is one of those times where I say 'wait and see' in a non-ironic manner. Harper is never gonna go to the upper card IMO so for Ziggler to have the match won only for an interference from Ziggler's next feud would be perfectly acceptable to me. Ziggler wouldn't work as a guy who wins convincingly all the time. He should be booked the way Daniel Bryan should have been booked, and eventually kind of was.

Big Show would have been ideal, but it could have been worse and he could be going against Rollins to help lead to what should have been a delayed Rollins v Cena match at Mania.

I can't believe it is happening at TLC to be honest, suggests to me that the plans have changed completely from what seemed inevitably a Cena v Rollins Mania match.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Rollins beats Cena, suddenly there is now no number one contender. Way is clear for Reigns to win RR, and beat Lesnar in March.

Rollins cashes in, wins the title to close out Wrestlemania.

QED.

John Cena is always the number 1 contender. John Cena always gets his rematch. John Cena is always the number 1 contender, even if someone else is the number 1 contender. John Cena is always the champion even if he has no belt.

When is Lesnar and the belt returning, for the Rumble ppv?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

When is Lesnar and the belt returning, for the Rumble ppv?

All signs are pointing towards that yeah.

It would have been way better to have him and John Cena in a ladder match at this pay per view.

Rollins beats Cena, suddenly there is now no number one contender. Way is clear for Reigns to win RR, and beat Lesnar in March.

Rollins cashes in, wins the title to close out Wrestlemania.

QED.

Cena losing to Lesnar at Rumble doesn't have any real impact on Reigns chances of winning the Rumble and facing Lesnar at Mania.

Wasting Cena v Rollins at TLC just seems unnecessary to me

TLC is a total throwaway show this year.

Doing gimmick PPVs is retarded anyway. It should be the opposite way around.

Do a gimmick match when a storyline calls for it, or its logical. Not shoehorn feuds and storylines into a stipulation.

Ambrose/Wyatt is a perfect example. Why a TLC match? What will be hung over the ring?

The only gimmick PPV worth keeping is MITB. King of the Ring should be brought back with the winner getting a title shot at Summerslam.

You really wonder about the people running WWE when plebs like me can point stuff like this out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So we now have

The Big Guy
    The Big Red Machine
    The Big Show
    And now Big Red?

Very creative lads, Raw was muck this week!!

Don't forget Big E and possibly coming soon, Big Cass

Advertisement