Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duck Stock

Options
  • 01-12-2014 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help with Duck stock. I'm doing roast duck for dinner tonight and inside the duck was some giblets, now I always used to throw them out but I heard various people saying they keep the giblets from the meat (be it turkey, duck etc) and use it them for stock, I've never done this, so I'm looking for some help on what to do to make the stock. Do I just boil the giblets in water? Do I add any herbs, spices, pastes etc?

I'd really appreciate some help with this because I've no idea what I am doing! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Roughly chop a carrot, a stick or two of celery & an onion & sweat in some oil for a few minutes. Turn up the heat & add the giblets & fry for a few minutes stirring regularly. I usually roughly chop the giblets also. Add a sprig or two of thyme, a couple of bay leaves & a few peppercorns & top up with water. Bring to the boil & simmer for an hour or so. When done, pass through a sieve & you have your stock.

This may not be the 'official' way to make stock, but it is how I make the base for my turkey gravy.

Advertisement