Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

"Protect my bubble" for iPhone and tab insurance?

• 01-12-2014 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for insurance for my iPhone 5 and Microsoft Surface 2. I see a lot of people are insured with "gadgetinsure.ie". After a bit of research I've decided not to go with gadget insure but am trying to find some customers opinions on a company called protectmybubble.com

They are offering full cover including loss on both my items for 13.30 a month which seems quiet reasonable. I would be especially looking to hear from someone who has had made a claim with this company and how the claim was handled as quoted on the policy document.. if they got their product replaced in due course as advertised.

Many Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

subscriber wrote: »
    I'm looking for insurance for my iPhone 5 and Microsoft Surface 2. I see a lot of people are insured with "gadgetinsure.ie". After a bit of research I've decided not to go with gadget insure but am trying to find some customers opinions on a company called protectmybubble.com

They are offering full cover including loss on both my items for 13.30 a month which seems quiet reasonable. I would be especially looking to hear from someone who has had made a claim with this company and how the claim was handled as quoted on the policy document.. if they got their product replaced in due course as advertised.

Many Thanks

Just out of interest, why did you decide not to go with Gadget Insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

iniall wrote: »
    Just out of interest, why did you decide not to go with Gadget Insurance?

Have read multiple threads on boards knocking them. People stating a low level of cover provided for the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

My sis in law insured her iPhone from new with gadgetInsurance but when it smashed they would not pay out as the purchase receipt was not with her own name and credit card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

jamesd wrote: »
    My sis in law insured her iPhone from new with gadgetInsurance but when it smashed they would not pay out as the purchase receipt was not with her own name and credit card

When I was joining them I remember that was one of the questions they asked me before I was given a quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

When I was joining them I remember that was one of the questions they asked me before I was given a quote.

Heisenberg, how have you found Gadget Insurance? Have you ever had to make a claim?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

iniall wrote: »
    Heisenberg, how have you found Gadget Insurance? Have you ever had to make a claim?

I have been with them 2 years and I haven't had any problems I haven't needed to make a claim though.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

As it turns out, protect my bubble wont insure me after all as the iphone is a refurbished phone bought from argos. They will only insure brand new phones.

Advertisement