Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can click buttons but cannot type

Options
  • 01-12-2014 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Hi,

I cannot type in text boxes in some software on my computer, but I can click buttons in that same software. I can type in other software and click buttons. Where do you think this problem is stemming from. It has anti virus software on it. Need to know where to start looking.

Thanks for help.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Could you give some examples of some pieces of software your having problems with?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭skyfall2012

The software is password protected and I realised today that it has to do with the browser it was running in. So internet explorer wouldn't allow me to type in the text box, but google chrome works ok. So what might be the problem with internet explorer?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

The software is password protected and I realised today that it has to do with the browser it was running in. So internet explorer wouldn't allow me to type in the text box, but google chrome works ok. So what might be the problem with internet explorer?

Is Internet Explorer fully up to date? It is quite possible the website has issues in IE if the issue isn't more widespread. If it happens multiple websites try disabling IE addons and trying again

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

ARE you using a old version of IE,
    do you have windows set to download all updates and install them automatically in security settings ,
    IN security, control panel.
    I cant think of a reason to use ie ,when you have chrome .
    IF you have windows xp, just use chrome. or firefox.
    its safer .

Advertisement