Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cup Competitions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

I tied my FFS cup match at 37pts each. I presume i'm gone as the fella I was up against is higher in the overall rankings?

I needed 2 pts from Clyne last night ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

LeaveitOff wrote: »
    I tied my FFS cup match at 37pts each. I presume i'm gone as the fella I was up against is higher in the overall rankings?

I needed 2 pts from Clyne last night ...
    More goals scored and then less conceded are the tiebreakers

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

CSF wrote: »

Cheers. Gone by the looks of it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

"The Paddy Power Cup is our version of the Fantasy Premier League’s Fantasy Cup game. Entrants who qualify for the first round will be randomly drawn against each other and the winner of the tie is whoever has the highest score from that Gameweek, minus points spent on transfers (like in the original game and in head-to-head scores). In the event of a tie, the Fantasy manager ranked highest in the overall standing will progress."

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

You forgot me there, through as well after beating two banks of four!
    FHFC wrote: »
    FriendsInLoewPlaces 52-45 Strep Mutants.....unlucky!!!
    spherebuilders 43-35 We'll Be Back
    Los Pollos Hermanos 34-31 kits army
    Game of Throw-Ins 38-39 The Bit O' Red
    GillespieRoad 31-22 Finn Harps XI
    Backwoodsman (Bohs FPL) 36-39 NO TOTTI, NO PARTY
    Ingscanonlygetbetter 43-24 Goland Rovers
    macca gone 26-20 Thunderdog
    Tipp Top Harps 41-32 Gerry Hatricks

I make that just 5 of the 9 forum heads through. Tipp Top Harps ranked 1.7m overall beating finnharps boy the shock of the bunch. My opponent has to be unlucky to go out with the second highest score on these 9 ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hackers wrote: »
    You forgot me there, through as well after beating two banks of four!

Ooops. Didn't notice you in the draw, though you were out already.

Will post the draw when I get it.

Edit. I actually did have you highlighted the first time, dunno how I missed you then!

Which user's team is spherebuilders?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Which user's team is spherebuilders?

Futureguy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Anyone know when the draw for the next round of the FFS cup will be made?

It said on the original launch of it the draw will be made a day or two before each gameweek starts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

It has been made now. http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/12/11/ffs-paddy-power-cup-x-second-round-draw/
    I am Up against a team ranked 225k in the next round. My team is much better but I have had to take a -8 hit to be able field 11 next weekend whereas it looks like he has only 3 injured or suspended. Will need a big performance from my new arrivals.

menoscemo wrote: »
    It has been made now. http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/12/11/ffs-paddy-power-cup-x-second-round-draw/
    I am Up against a team ranked 225k in the next round. My team is much better but I have had to take a -8 hit to be able field 11 next weekend whereas it looks like he has only 3 injured or suspended. Will need a big performance from my new arrivals.

Great - I'm up against someone in the top 3.3k, who only have 3 injuries/suspensions. His team looks very strong, so will probably be the end of this cup for me.

Though there are a few differences and he's made 3 changes for -4, so you'd never know!

Tough draw for me the lad I got is ranked 60. I beat a lad in the top 200 in the last round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Guy who beat me had a GW rank of 1.4m! Didn't even bother looking until now!

jimmii wrote: »
    Guy who beat me had a GW rank of 1.4m! Didn't even bother looking until now!

That's not the worst rank ever - I've been over that 3 times this season.

That's not the worst rank ever - I've been over that 3 times this season.

Clearly not the worst as I lost to them! 3 times out of 15 shows how unlikely it is for a rank like that to win a H2H!

You must be doing pretty well if you have only had a GW rank of 1.4m+ 3 times so what far where are you sitting? Last week was my 5th and also have had a 1.37m too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Is there any cups that cam still be entered?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Is there any cups that cam still be entered?

Not many at this stage. FFS have a couple more coming up in New Year I would imagine the other sites might do something similar just have to keep an eye on the sites.

Best of luck to all the lads!!

• Advertisement

I've got a lad in 3.3k overall. He hasn't made any transfers yet but only has Aguero and Austin in terms of starters missing. Per usual, Diego Costa might decide my fate.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

*Eye of the Tiger fades in*

Today is the day we've all been waiting for. The build up has been palpable but we're almost there. That's right it's the Finn Harps derby day.

FHFC vs Finnharpsboy face off for bragging rights and passage to the next round of the FSA League Cup. 57 places separate them in the FSA league structure but that counts for nothing this weekend.

The teams are in:

FHFC: -4

Green
    Terry - Kompany - Hutton
    Sanchez - Hazard (c) - Eriksen - Downing
    RVP - Bony - Costa

Subs: Boyd - Dummett - Duff

Finnharpsboy: -8

Guzan
    Wisdom - Wilson - Clyne
    Yaya - Hazard (c) - Sterling - Sanchez
    Bony - Sakho - Costa

Subs: Boyd - Wasilewski - Chambers

Some key differentials today which could swing it either way. Finnharpsboy's extra -4 could swing the early advantage to FHFC.

It's no doubt a big day for the FSA and should prove to be a money spinner with a full house as the last of the tickets were snapped up within minutes of 9am this morning.

One thing for sure is that Donegal will have representation in the next round. The atmosphere is hotting up already with just under 3 hours still to go for this special weekend in FSA history..........

........AND IT'S LIVE!!!!!

This being Harps, the most likely outcome would be that somehow we will both lose.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

*Eye of the Tiger fades in*

Today is the day we've all been waiting for. The build up has been palpable but we're almost there. That's right it's the Finn Harps derby day.

FHFC vs Finnharpsboy face off for bragging rights and passage to the next round of the FSA League Cup. 57 places separate them in the FSA league structure but that counts for nothing this weekend.

The teams are in:

FHFC: -4

Green
    Terry - Kompany - Hutton
    Sanchez - Hazard (c) - Eriksen - Downing
    RVP - Bony - Costa

Subs: Boyd - Dummett - Duff

Finnharpsboy: -8

Guzan
    Wisdom - Wilson - Clyne
    Yaya - Hazard (c) - Sterling - Sanchez
    Bony - Sakho - Costa

Subs: Boyd - Wasilewski - Chambers

Some key differentials today which could swing it either way. Finnharpsboy's extra -4 could swing the early advantage to FHFC.

It's no doubt a big day for the FSA and should prove to be a money spinner with a full house as the last of the tickets were snapped up within minutes of 9am this morning.

One thing for sure is that Donegal will have representation in the next round. The atmosphere is hotting up already with just under 3 hours still to go for this special weekend in FSA history..........

........AND IT'S LIVE!!!!!

it counts for everything, i fully expect to wave goodbye to the cup for another season, this gameweek

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Attention :o

technical_difficulties.jpg

I never thought I'd say this but we have too many threads in this forum :pac:

• Advertisement

I've got a lad in 3.3k overall. He hasn't made any transfers yet but only has Aguero and Austin in terms of starters missing. Per usual, Diego Costa might decide my fate.....

My Bony and 9 points vs. his Naylor. Feeling quite confident of going through

It's looking good for me in my FFS cup tie against a lad ranked 60th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

very, very tight between me and my opponent in the FFS cup. i lead by 10 points

left to play:

ME: Baines, Eriksen, Siggy, Sterling, Isla

HIM: Baines, De Gea, Yun, Lukaku(C)

If Lukaku goes nuts it could be curtains

I'm in trouble in this one.

He's 8 points ahead (points hits count right?). I need my Siggy, Baines and Rooney to outscore his Bony. Still have a chance, but not too confident.

Edit: actually, he has Siggy coming off the bench for Dzeko. So it's just Rooney and Baines that I need to outscore Bony by 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I have never been higher ranked at this stage of the season but knocked out of FSA league cup and failed to qualify for the Scout cup.

• Advertisement

How is everyone else doing in the FFS cup?
    I was looking home and hosed yesterday but opponent had Eriksen (13pts) today which puts him 2 ahead. He has no-one left and I have Baines. If Baines scores 2 we are tied, what are the tie breakers?

Edit: just checked and highest ranked manager progresses in event of a tie, just need the 2 pts from Bainesy so...

I'm safely through in the FFS Cup. Bring on the last 256

Im comfortably through this week in the FFS cup. Two wins against lads in the top 150.

For all the Harps league members. You could soon be the lucky owner of a Finn Harps season ticket. Yes, I know, runner up probably gets two season tickets. Haha. :)

Week 17 sees the start of our Christmas competition which is a bonus competition for all our players and will be played over the four gameweeks of the festive period. 

The prize will be as follows: 
    Finn Harps 2015 Season Ticket.
    €25 shopping voucher in McElhinneys Stores, Ballybofey.
    Meal for 2 at Steak Night in McGettigan's, Letterkenny (Monday nights).
    2 Free Entries to Finn Harps Last Man Standing 4 Competition.

How is everyone else doing in the FFS cup?
    just need the 2 pts from Bainesy ...

Was looking good for most of the Game, even after QPR scored. Now I am raging, that booking has spoiled an otherwise very good GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Was looking good for most of the Game, even after QPR scored. Now I am raging, that booking has spoiled an otherwise very good GW

that's horrible. made it through myself, 68-59

Tough draw for me the lad I got is ranked 60. I beat a lad in the top 200 in the last round.
    96 68 win for me.

Third round draw of FFS Cup is out: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/12/18/ffs-paddy-power-cup-x-third-round-draw/

I've got someone from Poland who's in 7k overall. Pretty similar teams; as always Costa could kill me and captain choice could be huge.

I'm out barring a miracle. 8 points down with just my Terry vs. his Azpi and Costa. Azpi benched and Costa red then :pac:

im out the lad I was playing had downing capt i had eriksen

• Advertisement

I'm out barring a miracle. 8 points down with just my Terry vs. his Azpi and Costa. Azpi benched and Costa red then :pac:

That Terry goal has made things interesting. If the result holds I still need him to lose one point. Costa yellow and Azpi one bap would be a sickener.

EDIT: Lost by one point. Oh well, FPL Cup starts next GW at least

Playboy Utd for me in the official FPL Cup. Dead team with no transfers but a field day for Rooney(c) could see me in trouble.

Playboy Utd for me in the official FPL Cup. Dead team with no transfers but a field day for Rooney(c) could see me in trouble.

Dead team with no transfers and Rooney (c) too! Weird! They have Baines, Terry, Cahill & DDG so they have a pretty dangerous defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Up against Adnan in the FPL cup. Active player

Im 1.7m places above him in the ranks but means nothing in the cup!

Up against Adnan in the FPL cup. Active player

Im 1.7m places above him in the ranks but means nothing in the cup!

Amazingly consistent with those 7 digit GW ranks! They are 500k behind my dead team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I think a new thread is in order for the official FPL cup. If nobody else does it I'll set one up tomorrow unless there's dissent.

I think a new thread is in order for the official FPL cup. If nobody else does it I'll set one up tomorrow unless there's dissent.

I agree. Well at least for two weeks until we are all out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

jimmii wrote: »
    I agree. Well at least for two weeks until we are all out!

I've done quite well both years, in my first year of FPL I joined late and it was undoubtedly the high point of my year, I think I won about 8 games that year, hence I have a real soft spot for this cup.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

I'm up against the brilliantly named FC bobby is sexyyyy.
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1856687/event-history/17/

Weird team. Not a zombie, yet he has Aguero and three Southampton defenders!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

All FPL cup talk here i suppose :P

Advertisement