Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Activate iphone 5

• 01-12-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi i have picked up an iphone 5 and it is on t-mobile/orange UK. I know i need a sim card for activating the phone but where could i get one? I've checked out the IMEI and have contacted my friend who runs an unlocking website but he said i cannot get it unlocked without having it activated by the original carrier sim card.

Went through the buying process on t-mobiles site to buy a sim from them but it seems to be so crazy for them to put an option up for posting outside the uk.

Any ideas what i could do?

Regards
    Aaron

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

You should find one on ebay.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Buy one on eBay or get it delivered to Parcel Motel.
    Will the phone be still locked to T-Mobile? You do realise it won't work in Ireland if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Albundy30

Parcel motel? Must google that. Assume it is some halfway station to get post delivered to and they will forward it on to me then??
    Yeah i picked it up broken for €100 and replaced the screen, will get it unlocked for €95 and can finally sell it on for a profit of €5 if im lucky ha
    Thanks for advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Albundy30 wrote: »
    Parcel motel? Must google that. Assume it is some halfway station to get post delivered to and they will forward it on to me then??
    Yeah i picked it up broken for €100 and replaced the screen, will get it unlocked for €95 and can finally sell it on for a profit of €5 if im lucky ha
    Thanks for advice

Nice one.

Advertisement