Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying Iphone in the U.S

• 01-12-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi i am thinking of buying an iphone 6 in the u.s while i am here. If i buy one on the T-mobile network will it work back home? All input is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

IF you buy one locked to a network then it will only work on that network subject to jailbreaking. You can purchase unlocked sim free iphones in Apple Stores and other retail outlets. You need to ensure that it is the correct model.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

These threads should be banned! Lots of them if you search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

godtabh wrote: »
    THIS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

godtabh wrote: »

+1 million.

There have been approximately 654,792 different threads on this subject over the past two years...

SEARCH!! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Marcusm wrote: »
    IF you buy one locked to a network then it will only work on that network subject to jailbreaking. You can purchase unlocked sim free iphones in Apple Stores and other retail outlets. You need to ensure that it is the correct model.

You should research before answering a question. There is no way to unlock an iPhone 6 after jailbreaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ratzy

So guys i just purchased an iphone 6 on T mobile here in the states i tried putting my meteor sim in it and it says no sim...sim required...can anyone help? should i bring it back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

ratzy wrote: »
    So guys i just purchased an iphone 6 on T mobile here in the states i tried putting my meteor sim in it and it says no sim...sim required...can anyone help? should i bring it back?

Did you do your research before you bought as was suggested?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ratzy

As much as i could. I bought it on T mobile? contract free. Any help will be greatly appreciated im considering bringing it back!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ratzy wrote: »
    As much as i could. I bought it on T mobile? contract free. Any help will be greatly appreciated im considering bringing it back!

It should still work.

I was in NYC last week and two people in our group bought iPhone 6 with me.
    I advised against it but there was nearly €150 ($706 to be exact) saving over buying here and they were there anyway so it was financially worthwhile.

One came with an AT&T Sim card but worked perfect on her eMobile sim and the other came with a T-Mobile Sim Card and it too worked perfect on his Meteor Sim.

what exact proceedure are you doing?

guil wrote: »
    You should research before answering a question. There is no way to unlock an iPhone 6 after jailbreaking.

If you read my answer again you'll note that "subject to jail breaking" is a subordinate clause in the sentence, ie I did not suggest that it could be unlocked with jail breaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Marcusm wrote: »
    If you read my answer again you'll note that "subject to jail breaking" is a subordinate clause in the sentence, ie I did not suggest that it could be unlocked with jail breaking.

Why bother mention a jailbreak at all so?

guil wrote: »
    Why bother mention a jailbreak at all so?

To reinforce that there's no legitimate means to use a U.S. network locked iPhone in Ireland and thus no sense in purchasing one.

Advertisement