Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Music - 50 Free Albums until Dec 15th

Options
  • 01-12-2014 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I couldn't figure out where to put this, so I thought it's own thread may be best.
    Microsoft Offers 50 Free Albums To Promote Xbox Music
    xbox-music-free-640x359.jpg
    In this day and age there’s never just one service of its kind. Take music streaming for example, there are multiple services trying out different models all with the same aim, allowing users like you and me to effortlessly stream music over the internet. Xbox Music is one such service and to promote it Microsoft is now offering 50 albums for free.

Recently Microsoft released the “Music Deals” application. Through this app the company informs Xbox Music users of active sales on full albums as well as single tracks. Its a good way of keeping an eye on music that’s being made available for cheap.
    The deal Microsoft is pushing now may be its biggest yet. Starting today and running through December 15th, the company’s Holiday Freebies promotion will give Xbox Music users access to 50 albums for free. These aren’t albums from unknown artists. Popular albums like Eminem’s Recovery, Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter III and Lana Del Ray’s Born to Die, among many others, are being offered.
    Holiday Freebies can be accessed through the Xbox Music app on your platform. This app is available from the Windows Store, Windows Phone Store, as well as for competing platforms, iOS and Android.
    Those who have the aforementioned Music Deals app can find all of the 50 albums through it as well.

More info:
    http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-offering-50-free-albums-for-download-through-xbox-music-application

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

US only according to the neowin comments. Were you able to get them here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

US only according to the neowin comments. Were you able to get them here?

No, I haven't been able to try yet, Xbox is off in a different house, but I thought I read that People in Europe are getting 50 albums, and U.S. are getting 100, and different artists?

I am on phone now so can't check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm not sure whats going on with this, I used use the app on windows 8 as it pretty much let you listen to anything free with that 1 ad they had every couple of songs.

Then I heard they stopped that and made it sub only, can't see the deals app on the irish store, but when I went onto the app on the xbox there, I was able to play the full "...and you will know us by trail of dead" album.

I thought you needed a subscription for this so is it 50 albums to listen to on the app or 50 albums that or yours to keep ?????

Edit: Ok so android app is a none runner that needs a sub to even get it off the ground, but I tried on the xbox as I mentioned, after 5 songs I got a pop up to say 5 free plays left , few more songs and I'll hit that , I was able to "add to collection" so maybe thats how it works?????

Ok I've worked it out, doesn't work here. there is a list of albums you can have one is say Quadrophenia if you search it in the app you can buy and download it, here it charges 9.99 or some outrageous price for a digital copy which ..... I'll contain myself on digital music pricing here and stay on topic, if you are in the US will say free or $0.00

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm not sure whats going on with this, I used use the app on windows 8 as it pretty much let you listen to anything free with that 1 ad they had every couple of songs.

Then I heard they stopped that and made it sub only, can't see the deals app on the irish store, but when I went onto the app on the xbox there, I was able to play the full "...and you will know us by trail of dead" album.

I thought you needed a subscription for this so is it 50 albums to listen to on the app or 50 albums that or yours to keep ?????

Edit: Ok so android app is a none runner that needs a sub to even get it off the ground, but I tried on the xbox as I mentioned, after 5 songs I got a pop up to say 5 free plays left , few more songs and I'll hit that , I was able to "add to collection" so maybe thats how it works?????

Ok I've worked it out, doesn't work here. there is a list of albums you can have one is say Quadrophenia if you search it in the app you can buy and download it, here it charges 9.99 or some outrageous price for a digital copy which ..... I'll contain myself on digital music pricing here and stay on topic, if you are in the US will say free or $0.00

I'm just back, got to my Windows Tablet and a Windows 8 Laptop.
    It doesn't seem to be available here.
    When I click on the offer in "music deal", the "xbox music" app opens... with the album €9.99 (for example). 30second preview. 'Normal', what? :confused:

Sorry for the misleading thread, but I was travelling and thought it may have been 'x' amount of albums available per day. i.e. if you missed todays deal you wouldn't get it again.
    That may be correct, but not here.

Advertisement