Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a PC Internationally?

Options
  • 01-12-2014 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I have recently moved from Ireland to the US.

I have a gaming pc sitting in Ireland doing nothing. No one uses it. It has a 570GTX and 8GiG of RAM. Not cutting edge by any means, but still very capable.

I want to ship it from Ireland to the US, but I am worried about it getting damaged. I think I need a double layer heavy duty box, wrap the tower and screen in bubble wrap and used anti-static peanuts to pack the box. The real issue though, is removing the GPU and Heat sync might be beyond my brother. I was thinking that instead, he could pack the inside of the case with air bags to stop any stress on the parts.

Any idea where these packing items can be bought in the Louth/Meath/Dublin area? I checked Woodies, but they having nothing. Homebase has bubble wrap only. Are there any "packing" shops I'm missing?

Any tips, advice or tricks are most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I'm actually looking for the same thing and I've found little info also. If I manage to find anything, I'll keep you updated.

Advertisement