Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop about €200

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

15% discount available if you register on https://publicsector.groupscheme.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

12% off with this code: 8$84w8j58zxdm6
    Expires today.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A chromebook might do the trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

A chromebook might do the trick?
    No, I need at least 100gb HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Bear in mind that the base Dell model does not have an optical (CD/DVD) drive

Aside from the Dell, if you don't need an optical drive and would like the option to return to a shop should you have any problems then Harvey Norman & DID both have a Medion Laptop for €249

• Advertisement

Actually, I've had a lot of dealings with Dell on repair issues and I'd buy Dell over others precisely because they are so good.

Someone said that the basic Dell fluctuates between 200 and 249 allowing for discounts, so I may just wait for the January sales and see.

Tesco also have a fair few of the 279 stock. I guess if they didn't shift, they might reduce the price. But, I think that's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Don't bother with this at all! My cousin bought this and I was thinking of getting it too but decided to wait and see what it was like with his first..
    I'm glad I did because I loaned it for a day to test it just for doing assignments on and it was unbearably slow! There was major lag between pressing a key and that character appearing on screen, the trackpad is unresponsive and it takes forever for programmes to load it's by far the worst experience I've ever had on a laptop.

I would also recommended getting a Chromebook and to solve your storage needs get a 128GB SD card to go with it.. or if your the hacking kind get an Acer C720 and upgrade the ssd to 128GB.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

There were 3 Laptops in Tesco Nutgrove after I bought one Tuesday night.
    Not sure if they have any left at this stage though.

DanC90 wrote: »
    Don't bother with this at all! My cousin bought this and I was thinking of getting it too but decided to wait and see what it was like with his first..
    I'm glad I did because I loaned it for a day to test it just for doing assignments on and it was unbearably slow! There was major lag between pressing a key and that character appearing on screen, the trackpad is unresponsive and it takes forever for programmes to load it's by far the worst experience I've ever had on a laptop.
    Is that the Dell?

Advertisement