Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Focus dipped beam help needed.

• 01-12-2014 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

Came out of work this eve to find all lights internal and external are working except the dipped beam. High beams come on when I click the stalk but no dipped. Parkers are working also. I've done a bit of research and I'm thinking relay 6 is gone but can't check until I go back to work tomorrow. I didn't drive it home as its a 45 min drive and I didn't fancy doing it on my packers and front fogs alone..

Any other ideas just in case my relay isn't the cause? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Maybe the bulbs are blown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Maybe the bulbs are blown

Both blowing at the same time would be unusual surely? I'll check them 1st but I'm doubtful..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

One could have been blown already and you only missed it when the second one went. Happened to me before. Be first thing I'd check anyhow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Those Focuses eat bulbs. Both are probably blown.

Thanks George. What bulbs do they take of the top of your head do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

ian87 wrote: »
    Thanks George. What bulbs do they take of the top of your head do you know?

H7 bulbs for your focus. My focus eats them. I prob go through 4-6 per winter. Cheap ones will cost you about €5 each. I always keep a few spare in the house. They are easy to fit. Just make sure not to touch the glass with your hand.

Thanks. Is yours a mk1 as well?

Facelift Mk1 is H7. Pre facelift is H4.

When did the facelift kick in? Mine is a 2003.

• Advertisement

Sound George. I could tell you the month a facelift on a bmw came in but not a clue about fords!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Facelift Mk1 is H7. Pre facelift is H4.

Post facelift meant removing headlamp to replace bulbs.??
    Unless your fingers are really small.

Ah stop! I've school until 3pm and then parent teacher meetings until 6pm! And I'm on yard duty so can't do it at lunch. As much as I'd love to teach the kids how to change a bulb in a Ford Focus its not on the curriculum last time I checked. Crumbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 German

If you are replacing the bulbs yourself make sure it's located properly, if not your setting will be all askew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I wouldn't be surprised if the two bulbs are just blown. The Focus does love bulbs. I have a '06 Mk. II.

Went at this Saturday. I replaced the two bulbs with new ones and lo and behold it was the bulbs. I make a point of checking my bulbs on reflective surfaces eg cars and windows etc as I hate one eyed monsters so they definitely went within a very short time of each other. Thanks for all the advice.

Ps 2003 focus bulbs are some pain to change. I thought going in through the wheel arch in my e90 was bad, this is was hellish!

Went at this Saturday. I replaced the two bulbs with new ones and lo and behold it was the bulbs. I make a point of checking my bulbs on reflective surfaces eg cars and windows etc as I hate one eyed monsters so they definitely went within a very short time of each other. Thanks for all the advice.

Ps 2003 focus bulbs are some pain to change. I thought going in through the wheel arch in my e90 was bad, this is was hellish!

Did you take out the lamps to replace the bulbs. Easy enough job once you get used to doing this. 2 bolts on top and 1 underneath. Big help also to remove the front grill. Should easily get them done in 30mins...;)

washman3 wrote: »
    Did you take out the lamps to replace the bulbs. Easy enough job once you get used to doing this. 2 bolts on top and 1 underneath. Big help also to remove the front grill. Should easily get them done in 30mins...;)

No I didn't. I could get my hands in but it was just so fiddly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

so they definitely went within a very short time of each other.

same with my old avensis. one bulb went on a tuesday, changed it, driving home the wednesday the other one went. osram nightbreakers, consistent lifespan..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

On my previous avensis only changed the dipped beam bulbs once in over 7 years of owning it.

• Advertisement

No I didn't. I could get my hands in but it was just so fiddly.

You must have really small hands...:D
    The mark 1 Focus was much easier to get a hand in but the revamped model is a nightmare, especially on the battery side. Much simpler to remove the lamp.

Very slim rather than small! Haha!

Advertisement