Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having issues with new HP Deskjet 1510 printer

Options
  • 01-12-2014 9:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭

Ok lads, this is driving me insane.

I got a new HP Deskjet 1510 printer today and it wont install properly. 3 hours later and Ive tried:

Updating all drivers. And
    Installing it from both the CD and from the "Install Printers" manual option.

Its saying the printer is not connected and yet when I take the USB out and out it back in it makes the connecting noise. Its for my older PC which is running XP.

The previous printer on it was also a HP, the 1050 model and it connected fine. Im 90% sure its not the USB as it was communicating ok with the 1050 model.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭IrlMonk

Try this:

In Windows XP you have a hidden Windows system folder called "inf" . It will be located Under the Windows folder or WINNT folder.
    Navigate to this folder ( C:\WINDOWS\inf or C:\WINNT\inf )
    ( If you cannot see the folder goto Tools>Folder Options>View>Advanced Settings>Hidden Files and Folders>Click SHOW hidden files and folders>OK )
    Once you are in the "inf" folder, locate usbprint.inf and usbprint.PNF .
    Make sure the file extension is CORRECT, .inf and .PNF!
    On the computer that I was working on, the file was named usbprint.in - no "f".
    I copied the incorrectly named file and then pasted it back into the same directory, renamed it from "copy of usbprint.in" to the correct name usbprint.inf .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Steve King

Thanks. I checked the extensions and all are correct so its not that.

Anyone else?

Advertisement