Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horizon Go app

• 01-12-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Finally the horizon Go app has started working from anywhere - 3g,4g or any other wifi. It used to work only with UPC broadband.

Got a mail today about it, checked and it's working. Even the horizon.tv website will work from anywhere from the laptop browser.

It should have been like this but at least better late than never :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Funny, I bought a tablet on walkabouts today and started Horizon Go while connected to the Wi-Fi in a cafe, when I tried to watch the snooker on BBC2 it said that it would only work off UPC Wi-Fi at home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

coylemj wrote: »
    Funny, I bought a tablet on walkabouts today and started Horizon Go while connected to the Wi-Fi in a cafe, when I tried to watch the snooker on BBC2 it said that it would only work off UPC Wi-Fi at home!

It only works with RTE, TV3 and TG4, for all other channels I have found that you have to be on an UPC network.

Also have found movies been blocked due to copyright reasons when on RTE and a non UPC network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

yesterday I did try History channel and it worked as well. I will try some more channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Seems to be a bit random.

Irish stations working fine over 4G.

BBC and ITV do not, but Comedy Central, Fox, E! are working fine. Documentaries, kids channels and music channels also working. Eurosport is OK, Sky Sports News is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Finally the horizon Go app has started working from anywhere - 3g,4g or any other wifi. It used to work only with UPC broadband.

Got a mail today about it, checked and it's working. Even the horizon.tv website will work from anywhere from the laptop browser.

It should have been like this but at least better late than never :)

Just tried it on 3g on phone but a notice comes up and says only with upc network?. Im on the complete bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

You can watch 74 channels on upc network and 48 outside the home

Ah yeah see them now. The less watched ones are available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

macker22 wrote: »
    You can watch 74 channels on upc network and 48 outside the home

?? - the horizon app does not have 74 channels on the UPC network, and its single digits at best on another network.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

In there website it says 74 and 48

_igor.jpg
    Well they were wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

For me, recording via the app is finally working - I just wish they'd add changing the channel via the Guide in the app. If they did that, I wouldn't have to bother using the EPG on the Horizon box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

who_me wrote: »
    I just wish they'd add changing the channel via the Guide in the app. If they did that, I wouldn't have to bother using the EPG on the Horizon box.

I'm nearly sure that works for me. Often I browse the guide on my phone and send it to the box to switch to that channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

if you click on the remote control icon and set the slider to 'push' you can change TV stations with a single click. I cant do it from the guide anymore but I used to be able to.
    Initially I really didn't like it but its actually easier to use then from the guide as some of the shows in the guide for what on now can be very fiddly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Interesting, thanks. I assume I still can't use the remote control, as I use a 3rd party Wifi router rather than the Horizon Wifi.

Doing so from the Guide would be great, browse away on the tablet/phone without affecting what's on screen; much handier.

There's a new app as well called My UPC. To see your bill / account details etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lgi.myupc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

UPC please add some sporting channels to the Horizon Go App!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Horizon Go App allows me to watch TV live on my HTC mobile but for some reason it will not allow me to set recordings. Very irritating as can be away for weekends and would love to be able to set to record. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

Hi is horizon go app available for chromebook, i have it working on my phone but no app seems to be available for chromebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

ankles wrote: »
    Horizon Go App allows me to watch TV live on my HTC mobile but for some reason it will not allow me to set recordings. Very irritating as can be away for weekends and would love to be able to set to record. Anyone else have this problem?

Is your TV box on 'Standby' when you are away? Check your settings if it is. http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/380/~/remote-recording-not-working-in-power-savings-mode

• Advertisement
Advertisement