Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curraghchase Park Christmas Trees 2014

• 01-12-2014 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Called to the forest today Dec 1st to get my tree for the upcoming festive season. Although it was miserable whether-wise the lads there were very friendly and helpful and I came away with a fantastic tree. Got one there last year and when I took it down in January it was still as fresh as day one. Fo me I think it's well worth getting a good traceable tree froma renewable source.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Sweet, came on here to find out if they were doing it again this year.
    Roughly what are they charging for a 6-7ft tree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is Curraghchase open on Sundays for Christmas Tree sales?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Trees for sale in garryowen rugby club on Saturday and Sundays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Trees for sale in garryowen rugby club on Saturday and Sundays.

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Puckhunters

The depot is open every day from 09:30 to 16:30 and trees are about €50 for a 7ft-8ft.

They have a Facebook page too:
    Search for: curraghchasexmastrees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Beanie13

Yes...great value to be got in Curraghchase and the setting out there is fab as well...gets one in the mood for the festive season!!!:-)

I went to Garryowen Rugby club today, all their trees are €50, they seem to range from about 6ft to about 8 or 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

They have a Facebook page too:
    Search for: curraghchasexmastrees
    Snigger..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beanie13

phog wrote: »
    I went to Garryowen Rugby club today, all their trees are €50, they seem to range from about 6ft to about 8 or 9.

Don't expect those in Garry Owen are coming from a renewable source. I'm an environmentalist at heart !

Beanie13 wrote: »
    Don't expect those in Garry Owen are coming from a renewable source. I'm an environmentalist at heart !

They're purchased from Coillte and I assume that they replant trees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

at this time of year do you need to pay at the gate to get into Curraghchase or is the gate up now and is it free to drive in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

banjobongo wrote: »
    at this time of year do you need to pay at the gate to get into Curraghchase or is the gate up now and is it free to drive in there?

Free while the trees are on sale

Advertisement